No announcement yet.

A 13 Line Patch That Boosts Intel Sandy Bridge Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I post disclaimer. I share my thoughts here and I do not troll or have intention. I think it may appear that a person who has an idea is actually a troll - Einstein was possibly seen as troll by those who trusted Newtonian physics. Nor I claim I'm Einstein. Nor I want to "hijack" this thread. **end of disclaimer

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      I think I post disclaimer. I share my thoughts here and I do not troll or have intention. I think it may appear that a person who has an idea is actually a troll - Einstein was possibly seen as troll by those who trusted Newtonian physics. Nor I claim I'm Einstein. Nor I want to "hijack" this thread. **end of disclaimer
      LOL - I'm not claiming I'm Einstein, but hey, there are a lot of similarities.

I think the difference is that Einstein actually backed up what he said with math and experimental proof. Rather than just giving lots of unsubstantiated opinions about what others are thinking or planning to do, which can't ever be proven because they are opinions.

Comment

now if Intel where to improve their drivers for the previous generation of i5 GPUs to Windows standards I'd be happy.

Or at least to GMA 915 standards and by that I mean pushing the performance even close to what the hardware is actually capable of.
        My old laptop with a Celeron M 1.3GHz and GMA 915 could do most 720p content but the CPU was too slow for 1080p. On my new laptop with an i5-450M and GMA HD I still can't do 1080p even with VA-API which leaves me kind of puzzled.
        On top of that SB can now reach close to Windows performance by simply increasing the thread count?

Comment

Originally posted by zhucelun789 View Post
          now if Intel where to improve their drivers for the previous generation of i5 GPUs to Windows standards I'd be happy.

Or at least to GMA 915 standards and by that I mean pushing the performance even close to what the hardware is actually capable of.
          My old laptop with a Celeron M 1.3GHz and GMA 915 could do most 720p content but the CPU was too slow for 1080p. On my new laptop with an i5-450M and GMA HD I still can't do 1080p even with VA-API which leaves me kind of puzzled.
          On top of that SB can now reach close to Windows performance by simply increasing the thread count?
          Forgot the quote tags there, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by zhucelun789 View Post
            On my new laptop with an i5-450M and GMA HD I still can't do 1080p even with VA-API which leaves me kind of puzzled.
            use ffmpeg multi-threaded , a i5-450M can decode *perfectly* a 1080p video using its 2 cores.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
              use ffmpeg multi-threaded , a i5-450M can decode *perfectly* a 1080p video using its 2 cores.
              That's great but my old laptop was single core and still faster at 1080p, to the point where most content was actually watchable and some even without framedrop.
              For now I'll just use the switchable HD 5650 for 1080p, but I expect large improvements in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X