No announcement yet.

r6xx 3D games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "r600: fix texcoords from constants" fix also makes nexuiz work a bit better. I can now enter a map and play for a while.
    Unfortunately all my opponents seem so be invisible. Also, after a minute or two nexuiz crashes with:
    Code:
    drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream. See dmesg for more info.
    dmesg says:
    Code:
    [ 5214.471745] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* cs->dwords too big: 16387

Comment

Yes!

Nexuiz works (but opponents are invisible).

Supertuxkart also works.

this is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
        Yes!

Nexuiz works (but opponents are invisible).
        I get this too, but on Intel hardware, so this is either a general problem with Mesa, or similar bugs.

Makes for interesting gameplay anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
          I get this too, but on Intel hardware, so this is either a general problem with Mesa, or similar bugs.
          Hmmm... can you see players' shadows/floor stains through the walls in quake3 arena? Maybe that's also a mesa bug not specific to radeon hardware.

Comment

I don't think so, but I have only OpenArena installed at the moment.

You can, in some games, force the use of the software rasterizer and see if a bug is in Mesa or the hardware driver: LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1

(It requires quite a bit of patience though, think frames per minute, not per second.)

Comment

Not a game, but I'm happy to report that the OpenGL effects are finally working on KWin for me, without crashing.

All the stuff -- cube, wobbly windows, slides, translucency, expose, etc.

It's much snappier than with XRender too. Great work!

Comment

I must say that I'm very impressed with the progress,

Half-Life and Deus Ex are also working. Only error I could find in Half-Life is that you sometimes can see some things through walls, such as the text "unbreakable" in this screen shot I took:

EDIT:

Half-Life 2 also seems to work if you use -dxlevel 70.

Portal not yet working here, crashes with the error:

Code:
                Invalid destination output argument type
                validated 0x7cf349a8 [0xD0325000, 0xD0325000]
                above end: 0x7cf349a8 0xC0001000 0xD0325000
                Last edited by monraaf; 12 September 2009, 10:16 PM. Reason: Got hl2 to work with dxlevel 70

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                  Half-Life 2 also seems to work if you use -dxlevel 70.
                  Wow, that's the same dxlevel I got with hl2 here, BUT that's with fglrx! Now I really believe that we may have better open-source drivers in time for the distros coming in Q2 2010! With better I mean, maybe even better than this f*ckn binary shit.

Already preparing to move on to the open-drivers to help with testing and debugging. As soon as I find another place to host some of my work.

Kuddos to the devs, you guys rock!

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                    I must say that I'm very impressed with the progress,

Half-Life and Deus Ex are also working. Only error I could find in Half-Life is that you sometimes can see some things through walls, such as the text "unbreakable" in this screen shot I took:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/478...xewinedesk.jpg
                    That's the same bug I mentioned in quake3. Some textures affixed to walls and floors (blood stains, shadows) are visible through walls. It also happens in neverball.

It's been like this since the driver started working. I hope the devs locate the bug soon, it's an annoying artifact.

Comment

• I have x86_64 openSUSE 11.1. Afaik wine needs 32bit Mesa driver (every time I was installing Wine, it called Mesa-32bit).
                      Mesa puts everything in /usr/lib/, while Mesa-32bit uses /usr/lib64/.

How can I configure & compile & install Mesa to have some 32bit installation? Could someone "howto" me, please?

Comment

Working...
                      X