No announcement yet.

radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, I'm having the same problem as AnonymousCoward. Runs (without all info) as normal user (and can't change powerstate), segfaults when ran as root (through su, sudo, or gksu).

"no values (root rights? debugfs mounted?)"

I just built radeon-profile-git from the AUR twenty minutes ago or so.

For the record, I'm also on 3.11 with DPM enabled, and I have similar info in radeon_pm_info. My graphics hardware is AMD PALM, Radeon HD 7340 (AMD E2-1800).

If there's any other info that might be useful in diagnosing, just ask me. This tool looks promising.

Comment

If you want to switch power profiles as normal user this may help: (as workaround, changing file privileges, but I think it is need to be done every boot)
      Code:
      chmod 777 /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_state
      Sometimes segfaults are hard to trace, so seeing yours radeon_pm_info file would be helpful.
      And how about temperature? Is app display it when there is an APU in machine?

Comment

My radeon_pm_info file:
        Code:
        [root@blaze adam]# cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/radeon_pm_info 
        uvd    vclk: 0 dclk: 0
        power level 0    sclk: 28334 vddc: 838
        It does get a temperature, yeah, which I suspect is the main CPU/APU temp.

Comment

Many thanks for your feedback! I hope today update will solve this issue.

Comment

I just rebuilt it from the AUR and it seems to work now! Thanks!

Comment

I have a feature request: UVD clock monitor:

sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/radeon_pm_info
              uvd vclk: 70000 dclk: 56000
              power level 0 sclk: 80000 mclk: 100000 vddc: 1100 vddci: 0

Comment

Originally posted by kwahoo View Post
                I have a feature request: UVD clock monitor:
                Done, but since they are zero most of the time, they show up only when non-zero (on graph and list).
                I also added table with info about kernel radeon module parameters.

Comment

Some cards (like my 7560D IGP) report incorrect temp values (probably used for internal power management i suppose).

BTW you dont need root access for temp/voltage reporting if debugfs is mounted to be accesible by the user.

Comment

Originally posted by marazmista View Post
                    Done, but since they are zero most of the time, they show up only when non-zero (on graph and list).
                    I also added table with info about kernel radeon module parameters.
                    Thanks, works nice

Comment

How do you go about updating? Just re-clone the repo using git clone or is there a script that can be ran and update automatically?

Comment

Working...
                      X