KDE's KWin Loses Window Tiling Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liam View Post
    Don't worry abandoned KDE users, Gnome's Mutter, via an extension, does tiling.
    Come to Gnome, we have tiling!
    One could also stay on the KDE side and just use mutter instead of kwin to get KDE stuff and tiling :-P

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
      One could also stay on the KDE side and just use mutter instead of kwin to get KDE stuff and tiling :-P
      yeah but then you'd have to use KDE.
      I was trying to save some people from the horror since there's already enough suffering in the world

Comment

I was trying to save some people from the horror since there's already enough suffering in the world
        What a silly trolling

Comment

alt-tab

I use alt-tab to navigate windows. If you hit it and then release tab while holding alt, you can then click through the icons one a time by hitting tab, or move in reverse holding alt and doing a shift tab. It's a fairly easy find for the hand if you touch type using the thumb and middle finger. Worked better in Gnome from my experience then with KDE, but works either way. Can be set up to list in order used or order open. I use it in order used so the current window is the first icon and you can bounce between current and last or recent tabs pretty easily.

Thanks all.

Be real, be sober.

Comment

I hope the "script" they mention works...

Comment

You're going to be doomed brother, but wake me up in the next few years so maybe gnome will become usable.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                And what if one wants tiling, compositing, and tabbing? I'm not aware of another WM that does it all.
                Compiz. Using it now

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
                  Most people who just surf the web, this is not an issue. For people who do actually work, with several windows and workspaces, this might be a problem.
                  really? I hate tiling. Wrong size fits nothing - that is tiling for me.

Comment

question: if you love gnome3 - why not just use the original and switch over to windows? At least it is stable AND more useful. You don't even need to download addons to change the fonts.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                      really? I hate tiling. Wrong size fits nothing - that is tiling for me.
                      I love tiling when its optional. This way only specific workspace gets it or it is switchable. Tiling is a lazy way to efficiently use large workspace (compared to manual sorting).

Comment

Working...
                      X