Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 28 To Offer More Speed Improvements

Phoronix: Chrome 28 To Offer More Speed Improvements

This week's release of the Google Chrome 27 web-browser was made known by its faster load-times. While now in beta form, Chrome 28 will also bring greater speed improvements to Google's web-browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this the version that removes ALSA support and only runs on PulseAudio, or did that not land yet?

Comment

One more reason not to use Chrome if it now depends on pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        One more reason not to use Chrome if it now depends on pulse.
        No, it doesn't depend on pulseaudio, it's just the default now. It falls back to plain ALSA if pulse isn't present. (pulseaudio is certainly not present on my system and never will be)

You need pulseaudio includes to build Chromium now though but it doesn't link against the library, it uses DLOPEN. I just remove after a build.

Comment

I just emerged it on Gentoo. It seems the Gentoo devs managed to get rid of the dependency. It didn't need PA headers.

Comment

Working...
          X