etqw full game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• etqw full game

I already have ETQW 1.5 installed, how can I make PTS use it? Atm it's trying to download 1.4 off the internet

Use the latest git for version 1.5 support.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Comment

I've upgraded to 0.8, but it's still stubborn. My etqw is located in "/home/vadi/Games/etqw", how can I point PTS to it?

vadi@ubuntu-laptop:~/Games/Rainslick$ phoronix-test-suite run etqw

================================================== =========
        etqw isn't installed on this system.
        To install this test, run: phoronix-test-suite install etqw
        ================================================== =========

vadi@ubuntu-laptop:~/Games/Rainslick$

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
          I've upgraded to 0.8, but it's still stubborn. My etqw is located in "/home/vadi/Games/etqw", how can I point PTS to it?
          You just have to run
          Code:
          phoronix-test-suite install etqw
          This will download the full client 1.5 and the pts demo, then this will install them in the phoronix-test-suite directory, then it will find where your game directory is ("/home/vadi/Games/etqw")

Maybe the message should be "etqw test is not installed on this system" instead of "etqw isn't installed on this system"

Comment

But I already have the full client! Why would I need to download it again?

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
              But I already have the full client! Why would I need to download it again?

If you have ETQW-client-1.5-full.x86.run (the current version) somewhere on your hdd, you don't need to download it in deed, just copy it or move it to ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/etqw/

and then run the command found in my previous message : this will not install the whole game, just the client + some .pk4 files (~ 500Mo of hdd space). Megatextures and some other .pk4 files will be linked to your current etqw installation (saving ~4Go of drive space)

If this doesn't suite you, you can modify the installation script to make this operation automatic, and propose this improved version to Michael, he will greatly thank you

(hopping you understand my not so good english)

Comment

Working...
              X