Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding OpenGL Driver Bottlenecks With OProfile + PTS

Phoronix: Finding OpenGL Driver Bottlenecks With OProfile + PTS

A new initiative is underway by a Mesa developer to pair the OProfile system profiler with the Phoronix Test Suite for more easily finding OpenGL driver bottlenecks, etc...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Gotta love open source! Great improvement, glad to see it implemented.

Comment

Thanks for this pts news. This sounds like it has some potential to help the devs.

Comment

TBH, installing PHP and somesuch just to do profiling does not sounds like fun to me.

Comment

I'm glad I funded this guy in his first campaign. I hope he continues learning and finding ways to improve the Linux graphics ecosystem.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
            TBH, installing PHP and somesuch just to do profiling does not sounds like fun to me.
            I'm not sure what you see as the problem? Its all of running one command to install php. I assume most of the devs probably have PTS setup anyway.

By the way PTS uses php for scripting, its not like you have to setup apache or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by chinoto View Post
              I'm glad I funded this guy in his first campaign. I hope he continues learning and finding ways to improve the Linux graphics ecosystem.
              Thanks. I'm trying as always its time thats the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tarceri View Post
                Thanks. I'm trying as always its time thats the problem.
                Hi Tarceri,
                What is the status of this feature of yours:
                GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays started (Timothy)

We might it need it soonish.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                  Hi Tarceri,
                  What is the status of this feature of yours:
                  GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays started (Timothy)

We might it need it soonish.
                  Its mostly done I've been waiting for reviews of my latest piglit tests before pushing to hard with the Mesa changes. However, the dev's are busy and are taking a while to getting around to review.

When you say we might need it soonish, do you mean you need it for an application? or are you talking about OpenGL 4.3 support in Mesa?

Comment

Tarceri: Is your code in a compilable state? Perhaps he could just run a patched version for now.

Comment

Working...
                    X