Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 12 Beta Released

Phoronix: Fedora 12 Beta Released

This morning Red Hat has announced the release of Fedora 12 Beta. This is the last development release before the release candidate and then the final release due out towards the middle of next month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great! I ask myself why they did not made 3d for new radeon cards enabled by default. 3d and compiz and simply application work good for me, many users will not know that they will be able to use compiz after installing the experimental package.

Thanks to all developers!

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
      Great! I ask myself why they did not made 3d for new radeon cards enabled by default. 3d and compiz and simply application work good for me, many users will not know that they will be able to use compiz after installing the experimental package.
      They didn't? THat's a shame indeed, but what is that experimental package that you're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by quintesse View Post
        They didn't? THat's a shame indeed, but what is that experimental package that you're talking about?
        yum install mesa-dri-drivers-experimental

And its not a shame, its still unstable. They are being responsible by not shoving it in to potentially make a crash-fest for newb's trying to play games. When it is more ready, they'll move it to mesa-dri-drivers.

Note: I have seen it do some really weird things. Things that any self-respecting marginally un-bleeding base for the next big enterprise release shouldn't do... like freeze X hard.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post

Thanks to all developers!
          We have documented it prominently in the announcement and elsewhere. While it does work very well for many users, it was a change made relatively late in the development cycle and the consequences of breakage is rather problematic as Intel driver users in the last round of distribution releases would testify.

Note to users running into issues with the experimental package, please file bug reports in http://bugzilla.redhat.com

We have good documentation at

Comment

Froze here immediately after login KDE desktop with Radeon HD 4850 :P Hope they can fix this "mildly" serious issue by release.

Comment

Bug report please

Originally posted by blindfrog View Post
              Froze here immediately after login KDE desktop with Radeon HD 4850 :P Hope they can fix this "mildly" serious issue by release.
              File a bug report in http://bugzilla.redhat.com please.

Comment

Working...
              X