Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Response to reporting posts?

Hello,

I tried to flag the following post: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=39 multiple times since it was posted, because of foul language and personal attacks. So far no reaction or feedback was given, so I'll assume my report was lost...

V!NCENT it seems you have overstepped your bounds. TBH a little heat never burned down a whole forest, but this crap?

"Maybe, instead of my sorry ass that you can lick you mutherfucker"

seriously? like really?

A few posts above you call everyone idiots... I would suggest at some point a level of disciplinary action is appropriate. Although not my call to make.

Comment

Bump because of my belief in forum rules

Comment

No Response to reporting posts

Apologies for the stupid question... should the report button be used for reporting dead posts?

Comment

Censorship sometimes is needed, even if it's in a small amount. I personally think, there's always a "morale" limit for everyting (even the most liberal people recognise it). Otherwise, we'd be being pure anarchists...

I know about the case of Germany Qaridarium, you're forbidden of saying any work relative to Nazism (and you can catch up to 6 months in prision, isn't it?)

Cheers

p.s. It'd be nice to have some moderators in the forum, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            not only Nazism also terroism,jews and other smal groubs,hitting people,talk about running amok,hurt people with your speak,leak an information thats is dangerous for germany, speak about personal thinks of other people and telling anything against the "grundgesetz" and the BRD system in general.

be sure germany is not a free land and you are not free to talk what you want in germany.

if you wana have true direct democraty in germany they put you in Prison thats because its against the "grundgesetz" to have an direct democraty.
            I am living abroad (native born American living on the other side of the planet) and understand. Your only option is pack your bags and run (relocate) if possible. Or, resist - you could die for it, but at least one's death would be for a noble cause.

Comment

One thing I really like about this forum is how they let a lot go. You hardly ever see that in forums anymore. I think the place moderates itself. It appears to me, that discussions often stay technical and considering how people often go off topic, I think it's pretty good.

I agree with Q.

Also, fabian, did Vincent upset you THAT much? I don't know why people can't ignore others when they're offended. I don't know how many posts get removed (obvious spam ones) but I like that people can call others trolls or worse but things don't ever seem to get too out of hand.

People argue, get silly and then move on.

Comment

Originally posted by evolution View Post
                Censorship sometimes is needed, even if it's in a small amount.
                p.s. It'd be nice to have some moderators in the forum, I agree.
                NO. JUST NO.

I don't understand people like you who tolerate and accept controls so easily.

Comment

No, I don't accept "controls", but I think there must be rules if humankind wants to progress/evolve (whether it can be a good or bad progress).

What I was trying to say was, if we said and did everything we wanted, there wouldn't be any progress at all, because living in a utopic world (where we said and did everything we wanted), we also wouldn't had the freedom of opinion.

For instance, in that "utopic world", everybody would be imposing its own idea as the right one, and nobody would be (almost for sure) correct at all... Because no one could impose an idea as a "rule". So, as a main consequence, there wouldn't be any progress for the humankind... (we'd be with the same knlowledgements as we had in the Neolithic, at best). For humankind to progress, we have to accept we all (humankind) do mistakes, and with them, we learn and find a way to avoid the same mistakes we did in the past.

Cheers

Comment

It continues...

Comment

Working...
                    X