Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 16 vs. Ubuntu 11.10 Performance Benchmarks

Phoronix: Fedora 16 vs. Ubuntu 11.10 Performance Benchmarks

After recently comparing Ubuntu 11.10 and Fedora 16 for boot speed and power consumption, up now are various Linux benchmarks under both of these distributions.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think it would have been better to benchmark similar desktop environments when comparing game performance.

Comparing Gnome Shell and Unity is like getting a 0-60 performance data from a Mack Truck and a Ferrari :-D

Maybe we should compare Fedora 16 Gnome Shell to Ubuntu with Gnome Shell; everyone knows Unity is crap, but Gnome is starting to take on an impressive outlook and seeing that most every distro out there is using Gnome Shell and not Unity, might provide more useful information.

Just a thought :-D. Thanks for the benchmark!!!

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxRocks View Post
      everyone knows Unity is crap

Joe
      False!
      I know it is not crap as well as and a lot of people.
      Statements like this reminds me of some old woman's beliefs...

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
        False!
        I know it is not crap as well as and a lot of people.
        Statements like this reminds me of some old woman's beliefs...
        Ok, crap was a bit harsh!

But, IMO and in many others opinion, its not in the same ballpark as Gnome Shell, KDE, or most other mature DE's... Just read some articles on the Internet; its not a secret that Unity is "Not all that good."

But, beyond that, I still would rather compare apples to apples rather than apples and oranges in a benchmark.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxRocks View Post
          Ok, crap was a bit harsh!

But, IMO and in many others opinion, its not in the same ballpark as Gnome Shell, KDE, or most other mature DE's... Just read some articles on the Internet; its not a secret that Unity is "Not all that good."

But, beyond that, I still would rather compare apples to apples rather than apples and oranges in a benchmark.Joe
          As far as I read around, every desktop environment has it's plus and cos. I read no more negative comments for Unity rather than Gnome Shell for example.

Comment

Working...
          X