Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amarok 2.4 Brings Many Improvements

Phoronix: Amarok 2.4 Brings Many Improvements

Amarok 2.4, which was in beta for a little over a month, has now been officially released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

But have they finally brought it back to feature parity with Amarok 1.4? The race is on whether I go with Amarok or Clementine when I finally decide to move away from 1.4 and KDE 3.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
      But have they finally brought it back to feature parity with Amarok 1.4?
      I think they brought all the old bloat back again.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        I think they brought all the old bloat back again.
        Old bloat? I use pretty much everything that 1.4 has; it's everything new to the 2.X series that I'd like nothing to do with. :/

Comment

So...does this release actually compile?

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
            So...does this release actually compile?
            It did here. All the previous ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
              Old bloat? I use pretty much everything that 1.4 has; it's everything new to the 2.X series that I'd like nothing to do with. :/
              Amarok 1.4 was pretty darn good and light in my opinion and I still use it on an old kde 3.5 lenny system. Only thing that no longer works is Last.fm scrobbling as Last.fm changed the infrastructure which broke the code in Amarok 1.4

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                Amarok 1.4 was pretty darn good and light in my opinion and I still use it on an old kde 3.5 lenny system. Only thing that no longer works is Last.fm scrobbling as Last.fm changed the infrastructure which broke the code in Amarok 1.4
                Weird, it still works fine here. Everything but fetching album covers from Amazon works, and I don't much care for that because it was mostly wrong most of the time for most of the music I listen to anyway. Really, I've not had nearly the hassle keeping old Amarok running that my friends have; not sure why.

Comment

Still no MTP updates? Or were they hidden under the "Apple support" part?

Comment

I want to have an mpd plugin for Amarok. 1.4 had one.

Maybe I'll start write one in my semester break.

Comment

Working...
                    X