Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.26-rc7 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.26-rc7 Kernel Released

With the release of the Linux 2.6.26-rc7 kernel, the release of Linux 2.6.26 final is nearing. The big change in Linux 2.6.26-rc7 is the Intel and ATI DRM update we talked about earlier this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does this mean you will be able to get some sort of a full potential from an R500 card, withought going through all the git headache described in the topic "Installing latest Open Source ATI drivers under Ubuntu 8.04" (talking about drm and mesa)... ?

Comment

Originally posted by sundown View Post
      Does this mean you will be able to get some sort of a full potential from an R500 card, withought going through all the git headache described in the topic "Installing latest Open Source ATI drivers under Ubuntu 8.04" (talking about drm and mesa)... ?
      it just means for right now you don't need to check-out the Mesa/DRM branch from git.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yep. Most of the remaining headaches AFAIk are related to the first bits of DRI2 starting to appear, so you either need "all old stuff" or "all new stuff" (including x server) in order to work smoothly -- and the 5xx support is in the "new stuff".
        Test signature

Comment

Well, that's cool. Fingers crossed here.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Linux 2.6.26-rc7 Kernel Released

With the release of the Linux 2.6.26-rc7 kernel, the release of Linux 2.6.26 final is nearing. The big change in Linux 2.6.26-rc7 is the Intel and ATI DRM update we talked about earlier this week...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjU0MQ

I like the idea that Linus is overlooking it, even if he hasn't coded any of the graphics code.

Comment

When is REISER4 going to be added to the mainstream kernel.

ONE IS TIRED OF THE NEVER ENDING EXCUSES FOR NOT ADDING REISER4 TO THE KERNEL.

ALL OF THEIR EXCUSES SUCK.

Why are the Linux Kernel SABOTEURS keeping REISER4 from the mainline kernel.

The Linux Kernel SABOTEURS @

Discuss anything Linux related that doesn't fit into any of the other areas.

REISER4 HOWTOS.

Some Amazing Filesystem Benchmarks. Which Filesystem is Best?
              How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

Compiling yourself a 2.6.23 Kernel (with Reiser4 support). (2.6.24 Kernel Patch)
              How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

Installing your favorite Linux Distro on Reiser4.

Installing GRUB on a Reiser4 Partition.

Comment

Wow, I honestly have to say this, but I wish you were banned, all these rants are annoying the hell out of me...

Comment

Originally posted by jade View Post
                  one Is Tired Of The Never Ending Excuses For Not Adding Reiser4 To The Kernel.
                  One Is Tired Of The Never Ending Crap You Post. Next Time You Post About Software Sabotage / Reiser, You Shall Be Banned.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

DRM in the kernel. That doesn't sound like something good. Is there DRM already in the kernel? This sounds like the reason I got away from Windows was because of DRM and big business telling users what they are getting. I don't think I like this idea. This sounds bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X