Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Game Publishing Remains Dormant

Phoronix: Linux Game Publishing Remains Dormant

While Linux gaming keeps taking off left and right, one of the longest-standing organizations that's been involved with Linux game porting and distribution for more than one decade is still apparently doing nothing and increasingly becoming irrelevant, especially as more game studios pickup their own Linux development capabilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

(please don't reply to this article, it's a troll, don't feed it, move on)

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
      (k, I would'nt)

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
        Care to elaborate?
        NOTE: I've bought a number of games from LGP, and spent countless hours on their X2 and X3 ports - and very saddened by LGP's apparent demise.

- Gilboa
        oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
        oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
        oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
        Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Did someone try to contact Mr. Crous ? Living in Cape Town is not the best option to work hard, as this town has some beautiful outdoor activities

Comment

Originally posted by duglambier View Post
            Did someone try to contact Mr. Crous ? Living in Cape Town is not the best option to work hard, as this town has some beautiful outdoor activities
            I know that he is working on Vulture for NetHack, and he plan to publish it on Steam:

"clivecrous Mar 26 2014, 12:10pm said: Online
            Don't forget to vote for Vulture on Steam Greenlight as well (if you'd like to see it there too):

Steamcommunity.com"

Do you like to play Tom and Jerry Games? Choose the new best Tom and Jerry Games and play online right now on the best site for games - Desura!

In the past I saw information about his other games, and I think that DarkArts Studios is more important for him than LGP which is weird.

Comment

LGP published a news on Facebook:

"Those of you who've followed LGP a while will be aware of the problems we've had with servers and hosting over the years. As part of improving our infrastructure and leading towards some exciting new developments LGP will be migrating hosts and servers over the next few days. We will, of course, attempt to keep downtime to an absolute minimum but there will be downtime. The absolute priority must be our game servers so that everyone can continue playing games. These will be up on the new platform first, followed by the website and other services. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, this is however for the better and you will all benefit from this change down the line with improved speed and stability."

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by gbudny View Post
                LGP published a news on Facebook:

"Those of you who've followed LGP a while will be aware of the problems we've had with servers and hosting over the years. As part of improving our infrastructure and leading towards some exciting new developments LGP will be migrating hosts and servers over the next few days. We will, of course, attempt to keep downtime to an absolute minimum but there will be downtime. The absolute priority must be our game servers so that everyone can continue playing games. These will be up on the new platform first, followed by the website and other services. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, this is however for the better and you will all benefit from this change down the line with improved speed and stability."

https://www.facebook.com/linuxgamepublishing
                Cheers for that. I added them just now on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                X