Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" Officially Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" Officially Released

The official release announcement has finally been sent out for today's release of the Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr" Long Term Support release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still not showing up in the Software Updater program...

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
      It takes a few days for the updates to propogate through the servers, so you should be able to update it through the Updater by next week.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
        It takes a few days for the updates to propogate through the servers, so you should be able to update it through the Updater by next week.
        I think I once read somewhere that if you're using 12.04 the first update you'll get is 14.04.1.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          I think I once read somewhere that if you're using 12.04 the first update you'll get is 14.04.1.
          i really dont think so...

To those who want the update now, you can go into software & updates and change the server from your country to the main server, that should work.
          If you can wait, it should take about 2 days or so i think.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSoulz View Post
            i really dont think so...

To those who want the update now, you can go into software & updates and change the server from your country to the main server, that should work.
            If you can wait, it should take about 2 days or so i think.
            I installed 12.04 in a VM yesterday just to see how well the update works (with nothing else installed, though) but changing the server and checking for updates doesn't do anything.

Comment

Relased with serious opened bug

It was released, yet this bug was not fixed in time: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/1295439
              Meaning we can't import saved ovpn files from the UI... Sad...

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                I installed 12.04 in a VM yesterday just to see how well the update works (with nothing else installed, though) but changing the server and checking for updates doesn't do anything.
                then perhaps is not server releated, they can have somekind of control to only allow a certain amount of people upgrade per day.
                Some companies do this in case something goes wrong they can abort and dont affect everyone.

Edit: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2014/04/u...tu-14-04-12-04
                Last edited by TheSoulz; 17 April 2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
                  You can always do it manually by using sed, update, and dist-upgrade.

Code:
                  sudo sed 's/precise/trusty/g' -i /etc/apt/sources.list
                  sudo sed 's/precise/trusty/g' -i /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
                  sudo apt-get update
                  sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Comment

The following worked for me a few hours ago:

Code:
                    sudo do-release-upgrade -d
                    Note that I was upgrading from 13.10, I can't vouch for this method for older versions.

Comment

Working...
                    X