No announcement yet.

7.12 - speculation time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erm, i guess i was the first one to call phoradeonix. again, this thread is (atleast my posts are) to be taken for fun, no offence intended. and i believe ati is the only mainstream popular card with way too many outstanding linux driver issues at the moment, so there is no harm in focusing on it and encouraging devs. good luck with that .

ps : moronix sounds funny. (a moron using *nix ? hint : mac users of first kind ) lol. .

disclaimer : i am just having some fun. no offence intended .

Comment

Originally posted by teroedni View Post
      So my hopes for Amd 7.12 Catalyst driver

-More performance(can never get enough=)
      -Radeon 3850/70 support
      -Crossfire X
      -More stability
      -Amdccle with overclocking options
      -xvmc support and better video support
      -better support for agp cards
      -and fix of memleak for those that have that problem.
      you forgot a key component in that... Fix Multiple monitor support with opengl applications.

Comment

Sometimes I think Santa Claus is in the driver development team

Comment

ghost in the driver ...

Comment

Sometimes I think Santa Claus is in the driver development team
            right person at the wrong place :]

he should be at the management.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
              Fix Multiple monitor support with opengl applications.
              I don't remember having problems with it, I got accelerated OpenGL on both monitors.

(Hint: Xinerama sucks, don't use it!)

Comment

Originally posted by greg View Post
                I don't remember having problems with it, I got accelerated OpenGL on both monitors.

(Hint: Xinerama sucks, don't use it!)
                As long as I do not use AIGLX, I do not have a problem either.

Comment

dual-head configuration has a known bug; its in the release notes stating "video playback not supported on second head in dual-head mode"

in my experience this makes 2nd head video appear on the primary display.

This doesn't seem to effect "Big Desktop" mode. (which I am not a huge fan of the implementation of that, so I prefer not to use it.)

Comment

Originally posted by koolmanoncampus View Post
                    dual-head configuration has a known bug; its in the release notes stating "video playback not supported on second head in dual-head mode"

in my experience this makes 2nd head video appear on the primary display.

This doesn't seem to effect "Big Desktop" mode. (which I am not a huge fan of the implementation of that, so I prefer not to use it.)
                    That would explain it.

I use big desktop and videos flicker just fine on both monitors

Comment

• It would be nice if the installer this time around included Debian/Ubuntu installation. I think that would make alot of people happy. There was a hint of Ubuntu in the last release but I'm not really sure what it was. Someday

Comment

Working...
                      X