Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment's Terminal Brings In Fancy Features

Phoronix: Enlightenment's Terminal Brings In Fancy Features

Terminology 0.3 has been released, which is the Enlightenment project's own terminal emulator built atop EFL (Enlightenment Foundation Library) components. Terminology is written from scratch and with its v0.3 release it boasts some truly original and innovative features for this terminal emulator. There's embedded support for previewing videos/images and other new inline capabilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I gotta admit, while I tend to stray from gimmicky things, some of these features are downright handy, and the visuals are nice too.

Comment

Terminology looks like a great desktop environment. It only lacks a decent terminal emulator.

Comment

Originally posted by werdanith View Post
        Terminology looks like a great desktop environment. It only lacks a decent terminal emulator.
        Another evil user, if u know what I mean .

Comment

If only rasterman loved the file manager as much as terminology.

Comment

Originally posted by werdanith View Post
            +1

It looks fun to watch, but this "kind" of features excluding tyls ("tyled list"), I don't see any benefit of them.

Anyway, it is really refreshing to see a new approach for the issue that a lot of people would want to solve. Maybe it will be the starting point for a Total Commander like on Linux that have a better visuals and better integration with video playback, pictures and such.

Comment

I like the image and video previews. But I use i3, so I get annoyed when applications do their own tiling and tabbing. If a user likes that part of Terminology, he'll quickly want to bring another application into one of those tiles.

Comment

Originally posted by ciplogic View Post
                +1

It looks fun to watch, but this "kind" of features excluding tyls ("tyled list"), I don't see any benefit of them.

Anyway, it is really refreshing to see a new approach for the issue that a lot of people would want to solve. Maybe it will be the starting point for a Total Commander like on Linux that have a better visuals and better integration with video playback, pictures and such.
                The split mode and the tabs are good features IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                  If only rasterman loved the file manager as much as terminology.
                  That is your new file manager...

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                    The split mode and the tabs are good features IMO.
                    If you haven't already you should look into terminal multiplexers, screen/tmux/byobu. Lots of features, can run in the background and get accessed from multiple machines with ssh.

Comment

Working...
                    X