Half-Life 2 Games Released For Linux On Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    Unfortunately with the clusterfuck that are the video drivers on linux, I guess this won't be the year of linux either, nor the next one, or the next one, or....
    get the right hardware and it automagically becomes the year of linux for you

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      What games do we still need?
      Defense of the Ancients 2 (DOTA)
      Anything else?
      Portal 2. HL3?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        Portal 2. HL3?
        CS:GO is needed

Comment

DOTA2, CS:GO, Alien Swarm, Half-Life Source, Half-Life Deathmatch Source and Portal 2 are all still missing. Was Ricochet released for Linux? The Source SDK and Source SDK Base would be really neat to get Linux versions of, especially if that were to include Hammer, all the map compiling tools, the facial animation tools, the Soure Filmmaker, exporter/importers for models, etc

Edit:

What about Day of Defeat Source? I believe that was released but Wikipedia doesn't list a Linux version. The original Left 4 Dead is also missing.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
            Proprietary Nvidia drivers work fine, I get within ~3% of the same performance as I do on Windows with my graphics card when testing various games/benchmarks.
            Well, some people, myself included, are getting an extremely irritating lasting stutter bug with the nVidia drivers which knocks some games down to >10 fps, then back to normal. (and repeat.) For me the only thing that seems to work well is Intel HD with Mesa.
            Last edited by blacqwolf; 09 May 2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

drivers

i see some problems with nvidia drivers, but we have other drivers to install not only 319. the people with ati/amd have a lot of problems but its normal

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
                i see some problems with nvidia drivers, but we have other drivers to install not only 319. the people with ati/amd have a lot of problems but its normal
                It happens regardless of the driver series. I've tried 304.64, 304.84, 310.44, 319.17, all of which have the same issue. 319 helps it somewhat, but the issue still remains.

Also, having 'a lot of problems' should not be normal. Perhaps the biggest killer for Linux is the lack of proper, performant drivers, and until nVidia and AMD get their asses in gear that's not going to change.
                Last edited by blacqwolf; 09 May 2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

As an NVIDIA user (proprietery blob, GTX460) I have had pretty much zero problems relating to graphics drivers (besides that texture glitch in Killing Floor, but it wasn't exactly the greatest port) but that doesn't mean the issues aren't out there.

AMD is certainly still a problem though, I really hope that situation improves soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
                    As an NVIDIA user (proprietery blob, GTX460) I have had pretty much zero problems relating to graphics drivers (besides that texture glitch in Killing Floor, but it wasn't exactly the greatest port) but that doesn't mean the issues aren't out there.

AMD is certainly still a problem though, I really hope that situation improves soon.
                    Same here, the only issue i have at all in any game with nvidia is killing floor textures.

Comment

Me three (gtx 460 with nvidia drivers) but I don't have killing floor, just a handful of games and I'm using plasma desktop on mex based on ubuntu 12.10 http://linux.exton.net/ but with a recent 3.8 kernel he compiled for it.

I think dota 2 on Linux will be a big money maker for valve because Esports is where it's at. Can't wait to see the figures for May linux users later on the survey.

Comment

Working...
                      X