No announcement yet.

Working r600g games list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody try testing with games running in wine or know of the compatibility status with wine?

Comment

I try testing the one Steam game I own (Counter Strike: Source) whenever there are new r600g developments. Steam works fine except for the terribly long start up time. When I try and run CS:S though I keep on getting "unrecognized d3dformat" errors, and also some weird ld inconsistency. The game "window" will open and then crash after a few seconds. Nothing is actually drawn and my desktop background remains where the window should be drawing to.

That is even with drm-radeon-testing + mesa s3tc

Comment

Dungeon & Dragons: Eberon Unlimited works.
        kernel 2.6.38-rc5 + mesa git s3tc on evergreen (HD 5570)

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
          Are you using libxtc_dxtn and an updated mesa and kernel for s3tc? I'm using Mesa from git, linux .38-rc5 from drm-radeon-testing.
          Yeah, I got the whole shebang. Anyway I tried AmnesiaDemo with my RS780 and it works with that GPU, so it's just some Evergeen thingy.

Comment

Dragon Age 2 (Demo) is fairly close to working I think. You can get into the game and "play", but it's in black and white and the vertexes and textures are messed up.

Wine gives this output:
            Code:
            vertex color clamp needs to be changed, but extension not supported.
            And according to this wine source file, r600g needs to enable ARB_color_buffer_float. I wouldn't be surprised if just enabling this one extension gets the game working perfectly.

Is this something I should file a bug for? Or would they prefer it if I don't ask to enable features?

Comment

Speaking of r600g compatibility

Last month, the RadeonProgram page on freedesktop got updated, and a lot of data regarding wine games was removed (notably Starcraft II).

Does anyone have some insite on why this was done? are there new bugs? or was it just a typo?

Curious minds want to know (especially since my next laptop will probably have an evergreen card).

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Dwarf View Post
                Last month, the RadeonProgram page on freedesktop got updated, and a lot of data regarding wine games was removed (notably Starcraft II).

Does anyone have some insite on why this was done? are there new bugs? or was it just a typo?

Curious minds want to know (especially since my next laptop will probably have an evergreen card).
                Well, the comment for that revision says "Wine 1.3.13 fixed many issues.", so I would take this as a request for retesting with newer wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr James View Post
                  Anybody try testing with games running in wine or know of the compatibility status with wine?
                  I would personally like to see information about what games work with r600g+wine, but I can not test this myself because I refuse to install proprietary games on my computer. Doing so is morally unacceptable. A list of working wine games would be nice, though, as it would be helpful to those who refuse the Gnu World Order.

Comment

After finally getting stable open source Radeon drivers again, I can confirm that Minecraft works.

However:
                    • Lots of glitches and flickers, but only when running and usually only when running into a certain direction.
                    • Some texture problems that get progressively worse. I usually restart the game after an hour or so of playing.
                    • Performance is not good. I have to lower my details and viewing distance.

Comment

• I can now confirm that Heroes of Newerth works flawlessly with latest git.

Comment

Working...
                      X