No announcement yet.

A Linux Port Of Baldur's Gate Is Being Looked At

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't come on steam, I was hoping they would make BG2 en expansion on BG1 like the mod comunity did.

Comment

Okay, now I'm really hyped up.

Okay, Left 4 Dead 2 is an amazing zombie experience I can play endlessly, but now balders gate!?!?!? these are like my two favorite game series ever. If they made this come true, they'd definitely get some of my money.

Comment

Originally posted by disi View Post
        W00t, with the module editor etc.? Community made adventures?
        Sure, personal taste.
        But TBH, I never tried the community stuff of NWN.

Just from the graphical appearance I rather disliked the move to 3D back in those days.
        I still prefer nicely drawn 2D assets over mediocre 3D worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
          Sure, personal taste.
          But TBH, I never tried the community stuff of NWN.

Just from the graphical appearance I rather disliked the move to 3D back in those days.
          I still prefer nicely drawn 2D assets over mediocre 3D worlds.
          Perhaps because I started with NWN, but I much prefer the interface in it. The official campaign is fail, but Hordes of the Underdark was a very good game, and so are some of the premium modules. The community has created tons of custom assets, as well as some very good modules themselves. I haven't played the persistent worlds, but I'm told that a very strong role playing community still thrives because of the freedom offered by that game.

Also given that it was linux native since 2003!, it's my favourite game, and my fallback of choice when I don't feel like anything in my backlog.

Comment

They should of released BG1&2 as well as IWD1&2 at the same time I spent waaaaaaay too many hours playing these games. Especially IWD! Wonder how close Gem is to working with these I own them all from ... WTF year was that like 98? ... looks up ... yup and IWD was 2k holy crap..

Edit NWN was really good, the story was kinda poop but the game play was fun. The Linux native version had some issues last I played something about doors not working or being highlighted I can't remember anymore I am going to have to give it another shot. I own soo many games I wish had native clients, some do now. NWN,sacred and expansion (as sacred gold I guess), RTCW, Unreal 2k? Q3A ... fun times...Must resist urge to spam rockets hehe.
            Last edited by nightmarex; 31 August 2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
              i have a sneaking suspicion most of you never heard of gemRB project - it allows you to play classic baldur's gate games on wide range of systems.

still, linux port of newer version of the game is welcome.

I was going to mention it but couldn't recall the name.

Also has support for GB2 and ice-wind dale series.

Comment

In my opinion, this is the greatest gaming news ever.

I am ashamed to say aloud in public how many playthroughs I have made in BG Not to speak how many I might do if the rumour is to become true.

Sucks to be me

(Edit: But since I see there is only 7 retweets, I wont hold my breath.)
                Last edited by moilami; 31 August 2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                  In my opinion, this is the greatest gaming news ever.

I am ashamed to say aloud in public how many playthroughs I have made in BG Not to speak how many I might do if the rumour is to become true.

Sucks to be me

(Edit: But since I see there is only 7 retweets, I wont hold my breath.)
                  I'm with you. In contention for the best game ever, from my personal perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                    It won't come on steam, I was hoping they would make BG2 en expansion on BG1 like the mod comunity did.
                    Are you referring to Baldur's Gate Trilogy? It is rather impressive.

There are many other mods but if you install too many then it ruins the game balance and some conflict with each other. The modders also encountered some engine bugs and limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by jhansonxi View Post
                      Are you referring to Baldur's Gate Trilogy? It is rather impressive.

There are many other mods but if you install too many then it ruins the game balance and some conflict with each other. The modders also encountered some engine bugs and limitations.
                      Yep, 123456789?0

Comment

Working...
                      X