Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD A8-3870K - Radeon HD 6550D Graphics

Phoronix: AMD A8-3870K - Radeon HD 6550D Graphics

A few days ago AMD announced several new A-Series APUs for desktops and notebooks. Knocking the Llano A8-3850 out of the top spot now for the A-Series is the A8-3870K, which was received by Phoronix just in time for some holiday testing of this updated APU.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: AMD A8-3870K - Radeon HD 6550D Graphics

A few days ago AMD announced several new A-Series APUs for desktops and notebooks. Knocking the Llano A8-3850 out of the top spot now for the A-Series is the A8-3870K, which was received by Phoronix just in time for some holiday testing of this updated APU.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=16880
    So no OC results? I thought you where looking to page whore? You currently have the only review up on the 3870K, should have at leat capitalized on that by running it at max ram OC since as we saw with the release of the A series, the GPU performance pretty much scales lineally with ram speed. Thus if you 2.4Ghz CAS 10-10-10-27 DDR3 speed or better so we can see just how quick it can be.

Comment

Despite the sentiments of the previous poster, I appreciated the benchmarks, and I too would like to see benches with oc'd RAM and also power consumption if possible. I had a llano system for a couple of days and the idle power consumption was excellent (around 40W with a dual core and m-atx board).

Comment

I'm shocked no time off for Christmas!

Given that you really should resolve the GPU over clock problem before going to far. For many it would be the whole point of getting a K series chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
          So no OC results? I thought you where looking to page whore? You currently have the only review up on the 3870K, should have at leat capitalized on that by running it at max ram OC since as we saw with the release of the A series, the GPU performance pretty much scales lineally with ram speed. Thus if you 2.4Ghz CAS 10-10-10-27 DDR3 speed or better so we can see just how quick it can be.
          +1
          We really need O/C result !!!!!!

Comment

What the hell?? The 3870K provides lower scores in Heaven than 3850?? How? Why? When? Who? Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
              So no OC results? I thought you where looking to page whore?
              He is, that's why this article was utterly worthless. Everybody clicked and read through it before they found out it was pointless, and on the last page he promises a more in-depth article later.

The results are hardly surprising, the new chip is identical to the old chip, except with unlocked multiplier and 100mhz CPU bump. I'm sure the potential OC to around 4GHZ will provide exactly the expected 25% more performance than at 3GHZ stock, and that OCing the RAM to 3GHZ or whatever will fully bring the GPU to discrete level performance. Or maybe Michael won't even bother to do that kind of in-depth testing, at which point AMD should seriously reconsider sending him hardware.

Comment

The next A8-3870K article will be out in a few minutes.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                X