Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mars View Post
    Yes, 5000 could be rpm of course.
    If my testing a debug version could be of help, i would be glad to.
    Feel free to contact me, please let me know if you need additional information.

Will be back in for testing again tomorrow.
    Sent you a pm, check your inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by sabby View Post
      Sent you a pm, check your inbox.

I remember this thread... has there been any recent work done on this program? Will you ever release the source?

Comment

Originally posted by zeldaman55069 View Post
        I remember this thread... has there been any recent work done on this program? Will you ever release the source?
        I fixed a few bugs and added a ksysguard daemon that can be used to monitor your rendering farm. I would perhaps like to port and integrate furmark, otherwise maybe try to come up with some burn algorithm in opencl and integrate that instead. I will release the source once either the adl license changes, I stop working on it, or other people want to invest time in it.

Comment

Good point. The public ADL SDK license was based on the license for a different, "private" SDK, but it carried over the (now un-necessary) wording which prohibited source code release. We need to fix that.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Good point. The public ADL SDK license was based on the license for a different, "private" SDK, but it carried over the (now un-necessary) wording which prohibited source code release. We need to fix that.

any news on this?

Comment

Hello there!

Just tested your app and it works very well (helped me reduce the temps of my graphics card a lot). I was looking for a tool to reduce clocks and voltages as my card runs very hot and is very noisy (it's stuck on its 3D powerstate instead of going in 2D mode as it does in Windows desktop)

System: Ubuntu 9.10 x64
              Driver: Catalyst 9.10 (8.661)
              Card: ATI 4870X2 (2D powerstate modified from 507Mhz Core @1.0625V / 500Mhz mem to 200Mhz Core @0.9625V / 200Mhz mem. by bios editing and flashing, 3D state not modified [stock]: [email protected] core / 900Mhz mem.)

latest ATIOC 1.04 (Qt 4.5)

I can confirm 4870x2 has only 2 powerstates (2D & 3D, that's the way they work in Windows when in Desktop / Running 3D app).

Default clocks: 750Mhz Core / 900 Mhz Memory / VDDC: 1.2625V (1.25V) Temp: 93?C FAN:38%

With ATI OC underclocking/undervolting: 200Mhz Core / 200 Mhz Memory / VDDC: 1.000V Temp: 81?C FAN:34% (didn't modify the fan speed, bios does it automatically depending on temps)

I think this just changes the clocks and voltages for 1 of the 2 GPU's of the card (the one active) as the temps are still a little higher than in Windows (where I do have 200/200/0.9625V. on both cores [as set in both bioses MASTER and SLAVE of the card], temp: 70?C core1, 52?C core2, fan:27% [minimum]).

I was wondering if there's a way to manage clocks and voltages for the 2nd GPU (just to get a real 2D powerstate as in Windows)? This is not possible with aticonfig:

$ aticonfig --adapter=1 --odgc
              ERROR - Get clocks failed for Adapter 1 - ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2

$ aticonfig --adapter=1 --od-setclocks=200,200
              ERROR - Set clocks failed for Adapter 1 - ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2

If this can't be made, it would be great to be able to switch powerstates directly as the windows driver does when in Desktop / running 3D apps, because it seems this has been removed from aticonfig (at least in Catalyst 9.10):

$ aticonfig --lsp
              aticonfig: unrecognized option '--lsp'
              aticonfig: parsing the command-line failed.
              ---
              $ aticonfig --list-powerstates
              aticonfig: unrecognized option '--list-powerstates'
              ---
              $ aticonfig --set-powerstate=1
              aticonfig: unrecognized option '--set-powerstate=1'
              ---

This would be great as the powerstates of the card change clocks and voltages on both GPUs and memories as written on the BIOS powerplay lookup tables, thus reducing consumption and noise a lot (which I need desperately! this card is a monster when at full throttle!).

If you need more info on 4870x2 concerning bios, powerplay or whatever you might need for your app, just tell me!
              Last edited by Marko Ramius; 10 November 2009, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko Ramius View Post
                Hello there!

Just tested your app and it works very well (helped me reduce the temps of my graphics card a lot). I was looking for a tool to reduce clocks and voltages as my card runs very hot and is very noisy (it's stuck on its 3D powerstate instead of going in 2D mode as it does in Windows desktop)

System: Ubuntu 9.10 x64
                Driver: Catalyst 9.10 (8.661)
                Card: ATI 4870X2 (2D powerstate modified from 507Mhz Core @1.0625V / 500Mhz mem to 200Mhz Core @0.9625V / 200Mhz mem. by bios editing and flashing, 3D state not modified [stock]: [email protected] core / 900Mhz mem.)

latest ATIOC 1.04 (Qt 4.5)

I can confirm 4870x2 has only 2 powerstates (2D & 3D, that's the way they work in Windows when in Desktop / Running 3D app).

Default clocks: 750Mhz Core / 900 Mhz Memory / VDDC: 1.2625V (1.25V) Temp: 93?C FAN:38%

With ATI OC underclocking/undervolting: 200Mhz Core / 200 Mhz Memory / VDDC: 1.000V Temp: 81?C FAN:34% (didn't modify the fan speed, bios does it automatically depending on temps)

I think this just changes the clocks and voltages for 1 of the 2 GPU's of the card (the one active) as the temps are still a little higher than in Windows (where I do have 200/200/0.9625V. on both cores [as set in both bioses MASTER and SLAVE of the card], temp: 70?C core1, 52?C core2, fan:27% [minimum]).

I was wondering if there's a way to manage clocks and voltages for the 2nd GPU (just to get a real 2D powerstate as in Windows)? This is not possible with aticonfig:

$ aticonfig --adapter=1 --odgc
                ERROR - Get clocks failed for Adapter 1 - ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2

$ aticonfig --adapter=1 --od-setclocks=200,200
                ERROR - Set clocks failed for Adapter 1 - ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2

If this can't be made, it would be great to be able to switch powerstates directly as the windows driver does when in Desktop / running 3D apps, because it seems this has been removed from aticonfig (at least in Catalyst 9.10):

$ aticonfig --lsp
                aticonfig: unrecognized option '--lsp'
                ---
                $ aticonfig --list-powerstates
                aticonfig: unrecognized option '--list-powerstates'
                ---
                $ aticonfig --set-powerstate=1
                aticonfig: unrecognized option '--set-powerstate=1'
                ---

This would be great as the powerstates of the card change clocks and voltages on both GPUs and memories as written on the BIOS powerplay lookup tables, thus reducing consumption and noise a lot (which I need desperately! this card is a monster when at full throttle!).

If you need more info on 4870x2 concerning bios, powerplay or whatever you might need for your app, just tell me!
                Sorry for the late reply somehow I didn't see the notification in my inbox. The application should change the settings for all gpu present. In addition, it is my understanding that X2 card for the intent and purposes of the ADL SDK behave exactly like a single gpu card so this should not be a concern. There are many reason the temp might be different on windows and linux but one is the voltage you had set were different 1 vs 0.9625 in your post. Also your post seem to show that the my application shows one temp whereas the windows one shows a temperature reading for each individual core which seem to indicate they do not use the adl sdk to read their value, this could account for some other discrepancies even though they should be the same. The reason why aticonfig does not work for adapter=1 in your case is probably because you only have one card with one monitor, which is normal that it behave this way. As i said earlier, from my understanding from the adl sdk point of view x2 card behave the same as a single gpu card. Hopefully, this clears a few things up.

Comment

Code:
                  elect@elect-desktop:~/Scaricati$ sudo sh 107457-atioc_x86_64_105 
                  [sudo] password for elect: 
                  107457-atioc_x86_64_105: 1: ELF: not found
                  107457-atioc_x86_64_105: 2: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
                  elect@elect-desktop:~/Scaricati$

Karmic 64bit with libqtcore4, libqtgui4, and libqt4-network installed

Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by elect View Post
                    Code:
                    elect@elect-desktop:~/Scaricati$ sudo sh 107457-atioc_x86_64_105 
                    [sudo] password for elect: 
                    107457-atioc_x86_64_105: 1: ELF: not found
                    107457-atioc_x86_64_105: 2: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
                    elect@elect-desktop:~/Scaricati$

Karmic 64bit with libqtcore4, libqtgui4, and libqt4-network installed

Any idea?
                    Erm, that would make it an elf binary. Not a shell script. You can confirm by doing

Code:
                      file 107457-atioc_x86_64_105
                    If it turns out ELF 64-bit LSB executable, just do the following as root.

Code:
                    chmod +x 107457-atioc_x86_64_105
                    ./107457-atioc_x86_64_105

Comment

You don't need to run it as sudo. Just make sure the file is executable (right click, properties, check the appropriate box), and either double click on the file or run:

Code:
                      ./107457-atioc_x86_64_105.asc
                      ... from a terminal

Comment

Working...
                      X