• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this is great news.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      NO! AMD DO NOT paying attention...

AMD realy think linux has only 1% max 2% ...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"With Mystic Mine, a majority of the gamers are running Mac OS X (42%) followed by Linux with 34% while Windows gamers only account for 23% of the sales."
      The numbers can be higher due to a lack in game competition for Linux. That doesn't mean that those figures aren't significant though, because they are real, and even when there are more Linux games the percentage will probably continue to climb even in the face of inter-game competition since the number of Linux users will increase. That's because the main thing keeping Linux down is the growing but still smaller software selection, and the few issues with it here and there even though it's largely usually easier to use than those other alternative OSes. ^^

Comment

This is of course good news. At least with TTimos statement quoted, this could actually be real!
        (Note: since the Linux Steam client fiasco, I'm a little bit suspicious about Phoronix gaming articles in general)

Lets all hope, that TTimo will be in touch with id for a long time to come.

Comment

That's wonderful news. It's too bad we couldn't get Wolfenstein, but I am really looking forward to Rage TTimo ftw

Comment

I didn't believe Carmack because he's always like that. It did kind of worry me though, so it's good to be reassured.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, id don't ever commit to supporting linux - they just make the stuff and put it out there.

Comment

Cheers!
                Now it is only to hope that they will not be senseless and limit the game to nvidia cards. I mean if something is OpenGL then the GPU type should not matter.
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Hopefully he doesn't mean just the server side.

If IDtech5 comes without online-steam-drm crap I will buy the Linux game :-)

Cheers,
                  mibo

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
                    If IDtech5 comes without online-steam-drm crap I will buy the Linux game :-)
                    And if not?

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
                      Hopefully he doesn't mean just the server side.
                      It seems pretty clear that he's referring to the client.

Comment

Working...
                      X