Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Released Intel Driver Gets PRIME'd For Sharing

Phoronix: Released Intel Driver Gets PRIME'd For Sharing

Chris Wilson has continued in his weekly trend of putting out new Intel X.Org driver releases. This weekend's Intel 2.20.7 driver lands the PRIME support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Google translate: Сковорода Никита Андреевич --> Frying Nikita A.

Comment

Is it possible that catalyst folks will implement the switching between integrated graphics and discrete one without requiring to reboot X-server?
      And also when will new version of fglrx show up? The current doesn't work for me with the intel driver >=2.20.3.
      Last edited by Rakot; 08 September 2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hdas View Post
        Google translate: Сковорода Никита Андреевич --> Frying Nikita A.
        it's more like "Nikita Andreevich Frying-Pan", actually :]
        and it looks like he's got some hot driver-code-pancakes for us :P

Comment

Originally posted by Rakot View Post
          Is it possible that catalyst folks will implement the switching between integrated graphics and discrete one without requiring to reboot X-server?
          And also when will new version of fglrx show up? The current doesn't work for me with the intel driver >=2.20.3.
          Being more clear.

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT CATALYST FOLKS WILL IMPLEMENT THE SWITCHING BETWEEN INTEGRATED GRAPHICS AND DISCRETE ONE in a way TRUE way and not be a "MISBEHAVIOR" function that SEEMS to work by pure LUCK today? And not a true supported function?

Comment

That's true. But at least we (AMD users) have a semi-working driver. It would be even better to have something like bumblebee to run an application with optirun (or pxrun in case of AMD).

Comment

That's true. But at least we (AMD users) have a semi-working driver. It would be even better to have something like bumblebee to run an application with optirun (or pxrun in case of AMD).
              Yes and NO.
              Now. A minority by lucky can do the catatlyst work. A small number of hardware work.

Soon THE MAJORITY will have the NVIDIA working.

Mine view point. Best WAIT for a true solution and HAVE this definitive solution. Than something that work for a small number of peoples and in future. No one know "WHEN" will work for everyone.

Comment

I didn't have major problems with catalyst until I was trying to use newest versions of the kernel or X-server.

Comment

Michael, IMO this site being (mostly) the english-language based you'd better transliterate names of the people instead of specifying them as is. Yeah, it's OK for native slavik-language people to read cyrillic but for rest of people it's just a bunch of strangely looking glyphs without any connection to their actual phonetics and meanings. And for some cases it would lead to the situation like it is for this article: automated translation systems would translate a name of a person like if it were an adjective - which is not - leading to a somewhat funny meaning which has nothing to do with the reality and might sound somewhat insulting/rude (it's not the sweetest experience when someone calls you "Frying-Pen" really :-D). Thus in this case more appropriate way to go is to use so-called "transliteration" making "Сковорода Никита Андреевич" into "Skovoroda Nikita Andreevich". And to make it even more "compatible" to the "english naming conventions" patronymic part of the name should be removed and first and surname should be ordered differently leading to this: "Nikita Skovoroda".

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I didn't have major problems with catalyst until I was trying to use newest versions of the kernel or X-server.
                    Maybe because there is not catalyst for org 1.13 yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X