Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadwerks Game Engine Now In Beta For Linux

Phoronix: Leadwerks Game Engine Now In Beta For Linux

The Leadwerks 3.1 game engine is now in beta for Linux and supports an OpenGL 4.x renderer when paired with the proprietary AMD and NVIDIA graphics drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And the games that uses this engine are?

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
      And the games that uses this engine are?

Comment

And another:

Comment

Windows Visa :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiePenguin View Post
            you've gotta be careful when dealing with Leadwerks... the guy who runs it is an expert in spinning stuff that isn't true, or on the fringe of being factual...

the kickstarter videos of games made with Leadwerks imply that those games were made with the "new" Leadwerks... or that the new Leadwerks could make similar games... THIS IS NOT TRUE

the fact is that the game above is a fine example of what the previous version of Leadwerks could do... Hoodwinks was made with Leadwerks 2, a graphically superior version of the Leadwerks api which the current version is incapable of matching...

Leadwerks 3.0 is a cannot come close to the graphical richness of Leadwerks 2... it is a deprecated reboot of the previous Leadwerks designed to appeal to the mobile as well as the pc/mac game developer...

The capabilities of Leadwerks 3.1 remains to be seen as it is still being programmed... i've been a licesee and supporter for years now, and i caution you all... LOOK CLOSER... LOOK PAST THE HYPE... i've seen promises disregarded, bugs abandoned, and a lot more...

just look on the forum... see if you can find a single negative criticism or comment posted... fact is, most of the sub forums there are hidden (protected), and anyone who dares to make a legit comment or post a fact based critique will have their post censored, and usually be banned or suspended from posting...

DO YOUR HOMEWORK HERE... my opinion is to look around at the other options before committing...

--Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiePenguin View Post
              And another:
              no... this was not made with Leadwerks 3... ot was made with Leadwerks 2... Leadwerks 3 is a graphically devolved version of Leadwerks 2, incapable of rendering the above graphics... download the demo and see for yourself...

3.1 promises to match 2's graphics capabilities... we all are waiting to see...

--Mike

Comment

Working...
              X