No announcement yet.

XvBA on Evergreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does SMplayer give you control over the sub options I mentioned ? If not you may need to play with an mplayer config file to get them...
    Test signature

Comment

@bridgman

What would happen when the xvba sdk would be leaked and amdpcom.h/amdxvba.h would be public? Would amd shares lose value? When pcom works why don't allow the use of it? One command can be guessed by the hwdecode demos configure script btw. - the rest was removed.

Comment

I believe the revised XvBA "lite" SDK (using OpenGL rather than PCOM) should be safe for public release, and it's primarily a matter of getting all the heads nodding in the same direction at the same time. PCOM, not so much, and for obvious reasons I can't go into details about why that is.
        Test signature

Comment

As pcom seems to be the only working way this would be certainly much more interesting...

Comment

That's one of the reasons why we haven't released an XvBA version for client PC yet.
            Test signature

Comment

That's pure ATI/AMD logic. You can NOT release something that WORKS...

Comment

You mean "can't release something that doesn't work", right ?
                Test signature

Comment

Well gb meant pcom works or not?

Comment

Whether PCOM works or not doesn't matter. We can't release it publicly anyways.
                    Test signature

Comment

Hi

To mr. Bridgman - is there any real chance to get XvBA on Linux? How much? 100%? Probably yes? Dunno? Probably not? Any timeframe?

ATM I'm building a HTPC solution and I've bought HD5450. A grave mistake it looks. My fault anyway.

Now, I could buy some G210 gfx. Or I could wait a little bit. Should I? ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X