Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachmate Talks About SUSE, openSUSE Support

Phoronix: Attachmate Talks About SUSE, openSUSE Support

One month ago it was announced that Attachmate would be acquiring Novell (and some of Novell's IP would also be sold off to a consortium owned by Microsoft and other companies), but not many details were known at that point how this acquisition would impact Novell's SUSE or openSUSE Linux distributions. Today though a brief interview has been published between Attachmate's CEO, Jeff Hawn, and the openSUSE Community Manager, Jos Poortvliet...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They will either completely kill mono, or it will get up to par with .Net quickly. Pick one

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      They will either completely kill mono, or it will get up to par with .Net quickly. Pick one
      I vote for the first. Then, as always, some folks with faith will continue with Mono.
      But if Attachmate kills Mono, maybe Microsoft will start suing every business that use Mono.

Comment

After Oracle's let-down I'll take the "wait and see" approach.
        On the bright side, Attachmate doesn't seem to have a track of records at all when it comes to handling FOSS projects, still better than a bad one I guess

Comment

Working...
        X