Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Releases Plasma Media Center 1.0

Phoronix: KDE Releases Plasma Media Center 1.0

KDE developers have announced the release of Plasma Media Center 1.0.0. Plasma Media Center is a new software package built atop KDE and Plasma technologies to deliver a "rich experience to media enthusiasts."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hire freaking designers. Who made those ugly icons?

Comment

They are from the oxygen icon theme, which is the official icon theme for KDE 4.x.

Comment

Core Dumps on me

Compiled it on my Ubuntu 12.10 with KDE 4.10.1 and it coredumps when I start it from command line

Comment

Looks interesting, though even as a KDE guy, I'm already totally in love with the awesomeness that is XBMC

Comment

Compiled it on Archlinux and it works mostly fine.

On the first run I only got the big icons and no menus. On the second run it worked.

So when I play a video and then press the back button or esc two times or something I get the "main" screen and the video in the background and I don't see how I can get back to the video in the foreground... Is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
              Hire freaking designers.
              KDE isn't a company...

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
                Looks interesting, though even as a KDE guy, I'm already totally in love with the awesomeness that is XBMC
                I'm on the exact same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  KDE developers are aiming to deliver a unified media experience across PCs, tablets, netbooks, TVs, and other devices through Plasma Media Center.
                  Which is an extremely stupid idea. These are different devices and need different interfaces. It's common sense. What KDE achieves is a bad, unified experience for everyone. What they should be doing is a good, non-unified experience.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    Which is an extremely stupid idea. These are different devices and need different interfaces. It's common sense. What KDE achieves is a bad, unified experience for everyone. What they should be doing is a good, non-unified experience.
                    Eh.. it's essentially another shell doing media center stuff that has a relatively standardized interface anyway which works well enough for the various platforms. It'd only need minor tweaks if that, it's not like you're doing normal desktop stuff in it... it's media center software.

Comment

Working...
                    X