No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the first post you mentioned frozenbyte games support, but those games still wont work with those drivers enabled. trine wont start and shadowgrounds is unbearable slow..... is it broken again? (radeon 3850)

Comment

Originally posted by questioneer View Post
      in the first post you mentioned frozenbyte games support, but those games still wont work with those drivers enabled. trine wont start and shadowgrounds is unbearable slow..... is it broken again? (radeon 3850)
      I remember mesa get some fixes for them and they worked fine on some hardware. I'd suggest to file a detailed bug at https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mesa so that developers can have a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by beew View Post
        Hi, just cut and paste Xorg.0.log1 to the URL above. Just have to connect the drive to another Ubuntu install and fish out the log, should have thought of it before.

Thanks.
        Where are the links to your logs

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          Where are the links to your logs
          Oops, sorry, here it is. http://paste.ubuntu.com/680341/

Comment

Try updating xserver-xorg-video-nouveau to 0.0.16+git1109021401.169512~gd~n (it should take some hours before the build is ready). I disabled a couple of old Ubuntu patches that should be no longer needed.

Comment

llvmpipe on virtual machine

Hi, great stuff oibaf!

I cannot get llvmpipe/swrast going on an amazon virtual machine - that in itself might be out of scope for this thread.
              However out of curiosity, I can get package libgl1-mesa-swx11 working that replaces libgl1-mesa-glx. Is there a similar method for llvmpipe?
              The error is simply
              Code:
              $ LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 glxinfo | grep renderer
              Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
              However this used to say Mesa X11 with libgl1-mesa-swx11
              Using ubuntu 11.04
              thx
              PS: donation if possible

Comment

Originally posted by cgltower View Post
                Hi, great stuff oibaf!

I cannot get llvmpipe/swrast going on an amazon virtual machine - that in itself might be out of scope for this thread.
                However out of curiosity, I can get package libgl1-mesa-swx11 working that replaces libgl1-mesa-glx. Is there a similar method for llvmpipe?
                The error is simply
                Code:
                $ LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 glxinfo | grep renderer
                Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
                However this used to say Mesa X11 with libgl1-mesa-swx11
                Using ubuntu 11.04
                thx
                PS: donation if possible
                Dunno what may be the problem. I'd suggest asking on mesa-dev.

Comment

Unigine on Radeon HD4250

Hi!
                  I am trying to run Heaven and Tropics demos on HD4250 with open-source drivers. I am using iobaf drivers but none is working correctly.
                  Hevaen starts, but textures are missing. Tropics does not start and it says:
                  Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

My glxinfo:
                  Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Also FrozenByte games are missing textures.

Comment

Unigine on Radeon HD4250

Hi!

I am using Radeon HS4250, iobaf drivers and I am trying to run Unigine tests.
                    Tropics fails to run and recieve this output

Heaven starts, but missing textures.

Here is my glxinfo. http://pastebin.com/BM9Vw8vm

Also, FrozenByte games misses testures. Shadowgrounds works on my Radeon 9600m (but slow).

Comment

• Originally posted by gsedej View Post
                      Hi!

I am using Radeon HS4250, iobaf drivers and I am trying to run Unigine tests.
                      Tropics fails to run and recieve this output

Heaven starts, but missing textures.

Here is my glxinfo. http://pastebin.com/BM9Vw8vm

Also, FrozenByte games misses testures. Shadowgrounds works on my Radeon 9600m (but slow).
                      Apparently you are not using my PPA with the game:
                      Code:
                      Engine::init(): clear video settings for "Gallium 0.4 on AMD RS880 2.1 Mesa 7.10.2"
                      glxinfo correctly detect it:
                      Code:
                      OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.12-devel (git-4c84fbe natty-oibaf-ppa)
                      Are you on a 64 bit architecture? If yes you should also update the 32 bit mesa (I am on 32 bit so I can't help, I know it should be easier on oneiric, but my packages are still natty-only).

Comment

Working...
                      X