Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NVIDIA Linux Driver Imminent

Phoronix: New NVIDIA Linux Driver Imminent

Yesterday the Santa Clara folks released the GeForce 8800GT graphics card. This PCI Express 2.0 compliant graphics card supports 112 stream processors, has a core clock of 600MHz, shader clock of 1500MHz, and a reference memory clock of 900MHz.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"a surprise or two"..lol..you always say that

Comment

maybe it's time to upgrade to a pci-e system, or i wait for the perfect os ati linux drivers and switch brand and slot .

Comment

And how about releasing a driver that isn't much slower than the Windows version ?

Comment

I hope, now that ATI has shown Nvidia that there's competition in the Linux market (at least performance-wise), they'll perform some tweaks in their blop, that should get decent framerates on par with their Windows-equivalent.

They should know, that there will be performance-tests, as soon as the UT3-client for Linux gets a release.

/me hopes for the best.

Comment

Micheal are you going to test the 8800GT once the drivers are out? It looks like the bargain of the century and i'm really curious how the RV670 cards from AMD will compare to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven3x7 View Post
              Micheal are you going to test the 8800GT once the drivers are out? It looks like the bargain of the century and i'm really curious how the RV670 cards from AMD will compare to it.
              Yep, hoping to be able to do that soon.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I hope, now that ATI has shown Nvidia that there's competition in the Linux market (at least performance-wise), they'll perform some tweaks in their blop, that should get decent framerates on par with their Windows-equivalent.
                so nvidia drivers are also slower on linux? i though they're on-par?

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                  so nvidia drivers are also slower on linux? i though they're on-par?

The GeForce 8 series currently has some problems.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hopefully you get rid of your old D 820 system soon, as testing NV cards with a budged 2.80 P4 based dual core cpu against a 8 core system (who else uses server hardware at home) based on Clovertown with 1.86 is not really fair. I would use a Q6600 for testing, as neither 2 nor 8 cores will be standard next year, but most likely 4 cores. Ok, many games will not use quad core, but some should already do like Crysis. Maybe not the best example, but lets see if wine could handle it sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                    X