Graphing Capabilities In Phoronix Test Suite Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphing Capabilities In Phoronix Test Suite Software

People seem to like the current Phoronix graphs, as I've received messages before about the software it uses (it's custom written) or how they prefer them to OpenOffice.org graphs, etc.

As mentioned in Defining The Phoronix Test Suite, we will be GPLing that graphing code too for the testing software. Right now those graphs are automatically generated when loading the benchmarking data (stored in XML) into Firefox with the XSL sheet and then just saved from there.

Anyhow, yesterday I started rewriting the complete graphing object. Now it supports using True-Type Fonts, keys/combining multiple data sets, and other changes. In the end it just looks a lot nicer. Furthermore, there are now line graph capabilities if you prefer the information to be delivered that way.

This new object isn't yet completed as there are still a few alignment oddities, implement anti-aliasing on the line graphs, and some other things, but it will appear on Phorogit soon.

Below is a new sample, but pardon the information on the graphs as I am also using this graphing code for another project of mine.

Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Wow. I had guessed that your GNUplot-fu was quite strong. XML is probably a little easier with which to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhettigan View Post
      Wow. I had guessed that your GNUplot-fu was quite strong. XML is probably a little easier with which to work.

I have nothing against GNUplot, it's a great project but just doesn't suit our needs well.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Just one little, tiny, request:

Please do add some text like "higher is better" or "lower is better" to the y-axis in the diagrams (or x-axis if you shift them...). This will make reading the diagrams a whole lot easier. Maybe it would even make sense to use different colors for those two kinds of diagrams. Currently you really have to be careful about reading the diagrams since both kinds are mixed, in one it is "lower is better" and in many others it is just the other way around.

Comment

Working...
        X