Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 21 Has Avoided A Delayed For Now

Phoronix: Fedora 21 Has Avoided A Delayed For Now

Last week it looked like Fedora 21 might be delayed to allow more time for some ongoing work within the Fedora Server Working Group. Fortunately, a delay has been avoided for now...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

if there is NO DELAY, that would mean this " fedora.next" will be put off till F22 as i dont see them getting all Products/features in to this F21 release

Comment

fedora.next timing

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      if there is NO DELAY, that would mean this " fedora.next" will be put off till F22 as i dont see them getting all Products/features in to this F21 release
      Fedora.next is definitely too big for a single release - by definition, really. It's an umbrella term for conscious planning for what Fedora should look like over the next decade. So, certainly, not everything will land in F21. But that's expected, not really putting things off.

Fedora always has a balance between moving fast and being actually useful. I think we strike that fairly well, and the we'll continue to. Sometimes people who want to move faster are a bit frustrated, and people who want more controlled change feel agitated, but, overall, I think it works out. Since we are building on a decade of success, Fedora.next isn't aiming to throw everything out with massive disruption. We'll make real, big changes, and certainly F21 is going to be one of our more adventurous releases, but it's also not going to have everything. Think of it as a ".0" release, but not a 1.0 -- you'll see a new direction and some new things (some of which won't be completely baked), but it won't be starting from scratch either.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdm View Post
        Fedora.next is definitely too big for a single release - by definition, really. It's an umbrella term for conscious planning for what Fedora should look like over the next decade. So, certainly, not everything will land in F21. But that's expected, not really putting things off.

Fedora always has a balance between moving fast and being actually useful. I think we strike that fairly well, and the we'll continue to. Sometimes people who want to move faster are a bit frustrated, and people who want more controlled change feel agitated, but, overall, I think it works out. Since we are building on a decade of success, Fedora.next isn't aiming to throw everything out with massive disruption. We'll make real, big changes, and certainly F21 is going to be one of our more adventurous releases, but it's also not going to have everything. Think of it as a ".0" release, but not a 1.0 -- you'll see a new direction and some new things (some of which won't be completely baked), but it won't be starting from scratch either.
        if saome wont be completely baked, that'll be a bad move IMO. people wont touch scrappy released Product such as a half baked Server Product an or Cloud Product. why do it for F21 then if thats the case? put it off till F22, its only 1 more release Fedora has to wait for. , i think the main problem with Fedora atm is internal squabling over this Fedora.Next that cant seem to agree on anything.

Comment

Working...
        X