No announcement yet.

Shuttleworth Challenged Over Mir Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First I want to see him smitten in a public debate vs. Poettering over the unnecessary NIH'ed syndrom of the systemd-developers... Hopefully as entertaining as the encounter with Datenwolf.

Comment

"My response to that is simple, Mark: let's do this like adults."

...and code to prove your point. Don't waste this energy into further ego discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
        What makes you think Aaron expects everyone to follow his personal feed? For all you know, he's made the challenge directly to Mark and only announced it on G+. And in either case, since Bacon was involved, it's likely to reach the ears of Marky Mark in any case.
        His words were superficially to Mark, but it's obvious he really wants a media splash. Even though Mark is on G+, he probably isn't following every random guy.

Thus that platform is a bad place to do either: the news outlets aren't following him (= no public splash), Mark isn't following him (= message won't get directly to him).

Comment

The KDE guys have been against Mir since day one. Even the guys working on Kubuntu have been attacking it via the mailing list; so it's not unexpected. Personally I don't want either one, Mir or Wayland. Just seems like another unnecessary layer. If both parties joined and everyone worked on XOrg, something wonderful may have happened. But Open Source suffers from "I want to do my own thing" syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            His words were superficially to Mark, but it's obvious he really wants a media splash. Even though Mark is on G+, he probably isn't following every random guy.

Thus that platform is a bad place to do either: the news outlets aren't following him (= no public splash), Mark isn't following him (= message won't get directly to him).
            It's all over Reddit and Slashdot now as well. If he wanted public splash it seems to be making waves in the usual places. If he wanted to reach Mark Shuttleworth I'm sure it get to him. Mark has responded in the past to G+ posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
              The KDE guys have been against Mir since day one. Even the guys working on Kubuntu have been attacking it via the mailing list; so it's not unexpected. Personally I don't want either one, Mir or Wayland. Just seems like another unnecessary layer. If both parties joined and everyone worked on XOrg, something wonderful may have happened. But Open Source suffers from "I want to do my own thing" syndrome.
              Wayland is designed by the X guys to be a better, lighter and more modern display protocol. It should vastly simplify things and remove a lot of unnecessary layers that X necessitates on a modern composited desktop.

Comment

Personally I don't want either one, Mir or Wayland. Just seems like another unnecessary layer. If both parties joined and everyone worked on XOrg, something wonderful may have happened. But Open Source suffers from "I want to do my own thing" syndrome.
                I regret to inform you that you are misled. X is a dead end, it's fundamentally flawed, and there is no way to improve it other than throwing the whole thing out the window.

Comment

Read this:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

the funny part was they had to write that do you Mir

Comment

And this would be what in chess we call a Xeque

Comment

Working...
                      X