No announcement yet.

How to enable opengl 3.3 on r9 270?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, found Tom's posts about 3.4.1 point release, but ISP is very very very very very very very very very slow right now so not sure if 3.4.1 point contains what you need for GL 3.3 ;(
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Where are you seeing LLVM 4.1 ? The most recent release is 3.4 and 3.5 is "work in process" :

EDIT -- ahh, I see, you meant 3.4.1... but not sure where you are seeing that either
      hehe, yeah, sorry, I keep thinking about 4.1...
      regarding 3.4.1: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...dy-For-Testing
      but again, I don't get it, 3.4.1 = 3.5-dev ?

Comment

Like I said, you need LLVM 3.5, not 3.4.x. 3.4.x is just 3.4 with bug fixes.

Comment

I already have LLVM 3.5 and still have to perform the mesa opengl version override (thanks for the hint btw) to be able to run unigine benchmarks - another unigine game (rust) still doesn't start at all with the radeon driver (xorg-edgers).

Anybody has an advice what to do? I'm trying to run that game on Xubuntu 14.04 with 3.15rc2 and a R9 270.

Comment

Originally posted by ungutknut View Post
            I already have LLVM 3.5 and still have to perform the mesa opengl version override (thanks for the hint btw) to be able to run unigine benchmarks - another unigine game (rust) still doesn't start at all with the radeon driver (xorg-edgers).

Anybody has an advice what to do? I'm trying to run that game on Xubuntu 14.04 with 3.15rc2 and a R9 270.
            mesa has to be built with that specific version of LLVM AFAIK. I think arch and fedora come with mesa that provides GL 3.3 by default.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
              mesa has to be built with that specific version of LLVM AFAIK. I think arch and fedora come with mesa that provides GL 3.3 by default.
              So unless I want to build it by myself I'll have to wait for the xorg-edgers-people to do that job I guess?

Comment

Mesa checks the LLVM version at compile time, so you need to install LLVM before you compile Mesa. Installing LLVM over old Mesa won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by ungutknut View Post
                  So unless I want to build it by myself I'll have to wait for the xorg-edgers-people to do that job I guess?
                  You mean Oibaf, and there is a guy around here who has a fork of Oibaf's PPA with LLVM 3.5 for OpenCL and GL3.3 for RadeonSI+.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                    You mean Oibaf, and there is a guy around here who has a fork of Oibaf's PPA with LLVM 3.5 for OpenCL and GL3.3 for RadeonSI+.
                    https://launchpad.net/~nzatkovich/+a...eediergraphics
                    The PPA hasn't been building packages for a while. Read the buildlog for mesa, it fails... with "../../configure: line 22349: llvm-config-3.5: command not found", because it doesn't install llvm-3.5. It was always like this. I send a PM to the owner of the PPA, he didn't reply.
                    Someone should fork it...

Comment

Working...
                    X