Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    that still had no idea about what a Singleton is or other elementary things
    Heh... For the longest time I'd been coding with C++ and didn't know that one of the things I'd been doing was called a "Singleton"- I'd been using C++ from it's earliest of days (Hey, I was a programming language junkie- Awk, Icon, Snobol, Pascal, Modula, ADA, Forth, etc...). One should be careful with one's terminology and judging people by their knowledge or ignorance thereof. Singletons are from the "design pattern" crowd, which is a useful template for thinking in C++ or OO, but it's not the only useful one, mind, for C++ or OO- Booch had a few good ones as well, and there's a lot of others other than those two camps...

Comment

Originally posted by trepo View Post
      Qualification means fsck all in this industry.
      Only if you've got a resume with something like 8-12 pages...

If you're starting out, the Qualification you get may mean the difference between getting the first job and not.

Comment

...so, could we get back in topic, like, you konw, the ut3 linux client poll? :P

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          ...so, could we get back in topic, like, you konw, the ut3 linux client poll? :P
          Heh... Sometimes the silly thread drifts- lord only knows how many drifts my porting wishlist thread has drifted off topic...

The poll almost speaks for itself, really...

(And, besides, I tried to get it back on topic earlier- but there were so many responses that needed to be made... )

Comment

Yeah. Sorry about that. This tangent was my fault.

Game dev I'm sure won't my only talent. Linux server / IT administration is another, home theater assembly. I can build PS3's for a lot cheaper. There's a lot of options I can go with if I fail to get a grip in the industry, but I don't plan on failing though. They key I've always heard is to do something that no one else can, and then they can say "oh look, he does this, let's hire him so we can include that!" (Then again, that's contract work I'm sure).

Heh. Don't try to count the thread drifts on the Porting thread, or blood will shoot out your nose.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Comment

I voted Maybe as once the game is out, I need to find out if I like the game & that it can run on my system specs (not sure on this one). How long it takes to come out doesn't matter to me. I'll simply look at it as another Linux game I can play.

Comment

Originally posted by me262 View Post
                Yeah. Sorry about that. This tangent was my fault.

Game dev I'm sure won't my only talent. Linux server / IT administration is another, home theater assembly. I can build PS3's for a lot cheaper. There's a lot of options I can go with if I fail to get a grip in the industry, but I don't plan on failing though. They key I've always heard is to do something that no one else can, and then they can say "oh look, he does this, let's hire him so we can include that!" (Then again, that's contract work I'm sure).

Heh. Don't try to count the thread drifts on the Porting thread, or blood will shoot out your nose.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled topic...
                Ah, it's k man, interesting subjects you brought into the thread. I myself want to get into the game industry too, and i dont plan on failing either.

Comment

Originally posted by SlackerTD View Post
                  I voted Maybe as once the game is out, I need to find out if I like the game & that it can run on my system specs (not sure on this one). How long it takes to come out doesn't matter to me. I'll simply look at it as another Linux game I can play.
                  Do you play on linux only right now?

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                    Do you play on linux only right now?
                    I think that his remarks would indicate that thinking... Me, I will only play if it's on Wii, PS2, or Linux. I'm still fence-sitting on the PS3 and there's no way you could convince me to buy an X-Box/X-Box 360, new or used. If someone gave me one, it'd just get hacked up to be something clean other than it's original purpose, unable to boot titles.

Comment

Can't you get Linux on an X-Box(-360)?

Comment

Working...
                      X