• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
    That wasn't my quote.
    Whoops! Sorry. Fixed.

Comment

So... 5% faster than 1% AS fast as firefox? So all the way up to 1.05% as fast as firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
        Well wouldn't fixing the couple of issues in the ALSA drivers make more sense?
        So I should wait a couple of years before being able to use my "supported" soundcard, right? dammmn now I *have* to test ALSA again

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
          So I should wait a couple of years before being able to use my "supported" soundcard, right? dammmn now I *have* to test ALSA again
          Most of the common soundcards just work (every single thing I have ever plugged to any of my computers for example). The bit more exotic ones like the one you have have varying level of support (because the vendors themselves don't necessarily publish drivers and even if they do it might take some time; otherwise implementing the drivers rely on the community which then again depends a lot on the hardware they have). However Xonar DX should be fully supported in ALSA. It's always possible that the driver reports false timing information and then PulseAudio doesn't work properly. Such issues should be reported so someone might actually fix them. In any case fixing bugs in ALSA driver beats implementing support for thousands of chips in OSSv4 (not to mention all the other features).

Comment

Working...
          X