Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS3 Iveland Development Update

Phoronix: PTS3 Iveland Development Update

For those interested in the development activity of Phoronix Test Suite 3.0 "Iveland", here's an update as to the progress with a few notes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unfortunate that the GUI will not make it, but it wasn't as feature rich and as stable as the command line anyway, and hard to get it working, too, so a rewrite is for the better, I guess.

Overall sounds very nice.

Comment

I have a question about the new openbenchmarking.org functionality.

You'll be moving all of the package definitions into openbenchmarking.org, which is fine. I would like the ability to automatically run the latest version of the benchmark instead of having to update PTS..

I just wanted to check: If I wanted to run a comparison with an older test by using the resultid, will the PTS download the same versions of the benchmarks as were used for the original resultid's tests?

Example:
      1. SuperPackage is at version 1.0
      2. User 1 runs a test of SuperPackage 1.0 on their computer and generates result id 12345.
      3. SuperPackage releases version 2.0.
      4. User 2 wants to compare their hardware to User 1's system, so they run a PTS comparison against result id 12345.

Which version of SuperPackage will be downloaded/tested? I'm hoping it's version 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        I have a question about the new openbenchmarking.org functionality.

You'll be moving all of the package definitions into openbenchmarking.org, which is fine. I would like the ability to automatically run the latest version of the benchmark instead of having to update PTS..

I just wanted to check: If I wanted to run a comparison with an older test by using the resultid, will the PTS download the same versions of the benchmarks as were used for the original resultid's tests?

Example:
        1. SuperPackage is at version 1.0
        2. User 1 runs a test of SuperPackage 1.0 on their computer and generates result id 12345.
        3. SuperPackage releases version 2.0.
        4. User 2 wants to compare their hardware to User 1's system, so they run a PTS comparison against result id 12345.

Which version of SuperPackage will be downloaded/tested? I'm hoping it's version 1.
        Yes, of course, it will be smart and use the same version. It's the only way it could be comparable. Multiple test versions can be installed simultaneously, etc.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Yes, of course, it will be smart and use the same version. It's the only way it could be comparable. Multiple test versions can be installed simultaneously, etc.
          I figured that this would be the case, but just wanted to make sure.

Comment

Working...
          X