Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anzwix Launches As Another Linux News Source

Phoronix: Anzwix Launches As Another Linux News Source

For those not following me on Twitter or haven't noticed the Anzwix links the past few days on Phoronix, Anzwix.com was made public at the end of August...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

or haven't noticed the Anzwix links the past few days on Phoronix
    Maybe because you has the bad habit to make only links from and to phoronix. If you think there is a Link to a news Source? No its mot time a link to an older Post. Its suspiciously that so many Links to Anzwix exists in this one post for your habits.

After looking at Anzwix@about i understand now the huge about of links

Anzwix is an experimental project led by Michael Larabel, the founder of Phoronix Media and lead developer of the Phoronix Test Suite, Phoromatic, and OpenBenchmarking.org open-source automated testing / benchmarking products, among involvement in other Linux and open-source projects.

Comment

No offense intended but

The name sounds me a bit odd.

Something like "Auswitch", (which is an unfortunate name).

By the way, what's supposed to mean "Anzwix"?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
        The name sounds me a bit odd.

Something like "Auswitch", (which is an unfortunate name).

By the way, what's supposed to mean "Anzwix"?
        1. unique word.
        2. no hits for it in Google when I first thought of it.
        3. the domain isn't taken.

thought of it while sitting on a train a few years ago, I don't believe there's any meaning to it.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Good work Michael. I haven't taken the time to browse through the contents yet, but thought of mentioning some quick note. I think the graphical design need some work, as it currently doesn't feel polished enough. The first impression I got when I hit the page reminded me of those ads websites that are used as placeholders for reserved domain names.

Comment

Great work Michael, I really appreciate it that you make your news crawler public
            Yes, the site should get some polish, but it's already quite usable.
            Are there separate rss feeds for categories or single projects available?
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dietrdan View Post
              Are there separate rss feeds for categories or single projects available?
              Thanks!
              At the moment, no, but plan to likely add it after introducing mailing list support and the other parsers to the public front-end.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

so Michael, when do we learn that you are in fact an AI which transforms the information feed from Anzwix in a human readable form, while performing some automated computations for OpenBenchmarking ?

Comment

ANZ generally means Australia and New Zealand, it's used for quite a lot of regional stuff, there's even a bank called ANZ.

Comment

Originally posted by doom_Oo7 View Post
                    so Michael, when do we learn that you are in fact an AI which transforms the information feed from Anzwix in a human readable form, while performing some automated computations for OpenBenchmarking ?
                    "Skynet became self-aware at the end of August 2013..."
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X