Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir Now Supports VT Switching

Phoronix: Mir Now Supports VT Switching

Canonical's Mir Display Server for Ubuntu Linux has proper support for handling switching to virtual terminals...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

why the hell VT is needed for modern OSes
    they need GUI framework for everything
    the only need for VT in a Desktop OS is for fixing system when the GUI framework does not work
    and how a phone needs VT?

Comment

Originally posted by benalib View Post
      the only need for VT in a Desktop OS is for fixing system when the GUI framework does not work

Probably makes it easier to develop/debug with Mir if you can jump to console to start/stop servers and other such things.

Comment

VT switching is one of the greatest things with Linux.
        And it isn't just for switching to a console, I use it often to switch between my two X sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn
          Obvious troll is obvious.
          These posts just give me more crap to clean up, and I'm tempted to see if I can get temporary bans on people making them.

Please do not quote, and therefore repeat, that garbage.

Please just use the "!" report post link at the bottom left of the posts.
          Last edited by Darxus; 08 August 2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

How about the same on Wayland?

Anyone who has tested a preliminar beta of Wayland notice if that stuff funtions too?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
              Anyone who has tested a preliminar beta of Wayland notice if that stuff funtions too?
              last time i checked on raspberry pi, nope, you need to press ctrl + alt + backspace to terminate weston and go back to terminal

Comment

On the first, I think it's a matter of taste. I like it. You don't like it. Fair enough.

But on the last phrase, you must keep in mind Mir's target is not only the cellphones, but the desktop, too. So, you can't use as a guide only the cellphone needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Darxus View Post
                  These posts just give me more crap to clean up, and I'm tempted to see if I can get temporary bans on people making them.

Please do not quote, and therefore repeat, that garbage.

Please just use the "!" report post link at the bottom left of the posts.
                  Now now, your post is exactly the same as what you're trying to squash except it's threatening. Put it back in your pants please no one like a Napoleon taking it out on people who obviously were informing people that whomevers post was completely crap... Not saying it was, I never read it just saying knock it off.

On topic, I will never get the disconnect between people and consoles, they are some VERY powerful tools. I often have many terminals open in a X sessions not to mention all the TTY's I have with screen on them... Why? Why do you forsake such tools?

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post
                    As I recall, terminal switching works just fine on RebeccaBlack OS.

Comment

Working...
                    X