Where Things Fall Short: Eight Shortcomings Of Mesa 8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    Man, you were really hard pressed to find 8 points to complain about, weren't you? Might as well add "doesn't make me a sandwich" while you're at it.
    Heck yea, I'll add a #9: Doesn't make me a sandwich..

It's the right of any user to ask for anything they want.. Whether they get it is a different story..

When developers make software catered around things the developers want, rather than what the users want, you have a platform that will have only developers as users.
    Last edited by Sidicas; 11 January 2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I'd rather see the open-source AMD devs working on things like HDMI audio and gallium3d vdpau support (or a native xvba state tracker for use with xbmc). Marek will keep plugging away at the opengl stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        I'd rather see the open-source AMD devs working on things like HDMI audio and gallium3d vdpau support (or a native xvba state tracker for use with xbmc). Marek will keep plugging away at the opengl stuff.
        HDMI audio is implemented (Alex finished a first pass last year), we're just having a heck of a time figuring out if we can release it.

Right now the priorities are SI support, OpenCL and figuring out if we can release some kind of UVD support.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by leif81 View Post
          Fedora 16 has a libtxc_dxtn package available in the official repos. Not sure if it's a matter of just installing it and things magically work though...

Edit: yup!! Just installing it (no reboot or anything) fixed WorldWind which used to fail drawing the textures on the globe due to a S3TC error!
          Really? Are you sure it isn't from RPM Fusion or something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Right now the priorities are SI support, OpenCL and figuring out if we can release some kind of UVD support.
            Is the SI you're using refer to Scalable Interface / Crossfire? Or something else?

I'd definitely put OpenCL before Crossfire.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
              Really? Are you sure it isn't from RPM Fusion or something similar?
              Sorry you're right, I forgot I had enabled "rpmfusion-free".

Comment

Originally posted by leif81 View Post
                Sorry you're right, I forgot I had enabled "rpmfusion-free".
                The reason I have a yumfusion alias to "yum --enablerepo=rpmfusion[...]"

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
                  Is the SI you're using refer to Scalable Interface / Crossfire? Or something else?
                  Southern Islands, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    HDMI audio is implemented (Alex finished a first pass last year), we're just having a heck of a time figuring out if we can release it.

Wasn't HDMI audio reverse engineered and accepted into the kernel already?

I wish better power management was somewhere in that list, but I suppose it's not much more important than those items either.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                      Southern Islands, I think.
                      aka the r900g driver, or whatever they call it.

Comment

Working...
                      X