What Would You Like To See Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phone page formatting.

I would subscribe to Phoronix Premium if this was a feature (full article view, defaulting images off, but the ability to turn them back on).

Or Phoronix premium rss feeds so I can read the whole article in my feeds reader.

Comment

I would like to see more interviews to "the big ones"!

I think, in exchange for a little reward, some developers would be much willing to get interviewed!

Think of interviewing one month Rusin, the other Airlie, then Packard, then H?egsberg, then Carmack and then ...

I know there are some interviews of these guy, just I would like to see more. And more frequently (things change rapidly in Linux graphics these days).

Comment

As you probably know already I would *love* to be able to watch your videos. Ogg Theora ftw.

Thanks.

Comment

it is are good ideas

Comment

I would like to see what a Nokia N900 can do!

I would like to see what a Nokia N900 can do!

I don't expect miracles, but it would be nice to have a comparison with old PCs, to be able to say,

Hey, it runs like an old 486, Pentium2 333 MHz, P4 1.6 GHz, or a i7 2.67 GHz or whatever.

I have no idea what to expect, except that it runs Linux and manages both OpenGL and Qt 4.6 http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009...t-on-the-n900/
            Last edited by sabriah; 11 October 2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HaaTa View Post
              Mobile phone page formatting.

I would subscribe to Phoronix Premium if this was a feature (full article view, defaulting images off, but the ability to turn them back on).

Or Phoronix premium rss feeds so I can read the whole article in my feeds reader.
              I second this - either a full-content RSS feed or phoronix.com formatted for mobile devices/smart phones would make a huge difference.

I normally keep up with Linux/OSS news on the bus to work, and loading the full page on my smartphone both takes forever and costs a fortune in data traffic.

Full-content RSS would be the preferred way, preferably in addition to a mobile-browser-detection on phoronix.com for mobile visitors.

Would this be feasable Michael?

Comment

Originally posted by Yalla-One View Post
                Would this be feasable Michael?
                It's a possibility that may come to Premium subscribers.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I like the idea of some howto videos or articles. Phoronix tends to report on what's happening & what's new but some more attention devoted to why something matters & how I might be able to use a feature (e.g. xr&r, multipoint x...) would make phoronix more interesting. I keep reading that TTM, gallium, etc. are getting updates but I still don't really understand what they do & how they do it better than something else. Veteran readers could just skim past the paragraph that explains the significance of the news while making reading phoronix more approachable for noobs like me.
                  One member shot down videos as a horrible idea. I think any howto video ought to have short&sweet written instructions to go along with it, but being able to verify that you're getting the same results as shown in a howto video provides more of a sense of security to the less experienced that it worked correctly.
                  Giving linux games more publicity would be good for everyone.
                  I'd like to be able to easily compare hardware performance, to see for example on a graph how much better off I'd be with a PhenomII X4 vs my 4850e or other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by alazyworkaholic View Post
                    I like the idea of some howto videos or articles. Phoronix tends to report on what's happening & what's new but some more attention devoted to why something matters & how I might be able to use a feature (e.g. xr&r, multipoint x...) would make phoronix more interesting. I keep reading that TTM, gallium, etc. are getting updates but I still don't really understand what they do & how they do it better than something else. Veteran readers could just skim past the paragraph that explains the significance of the news while making reading phoronix more approachable for noobs like me.
                    One member shot down videos as a horrible idea. I think any howto video ought to have short&sweet written instructions to go along with it, but being able to verify that you're getting the same results as shown in a howto video provides more of a sense of security to the less experienced that it worked correctly.
                    Giving linux games more publicity would be good for everyone.
                    I'd like to be able to easily compare hardware performance, to see for example on a graph how much better off I'd be with a PhenomII X4 vs my 4850e or other stuff.
                    Did not read/ terrible format

Comment

Just stumbled of this article "Ubuntu 10.04 Is More Power Hungry Than Windows 7". I think it would be very interesting to see if/how its possible to finetune and reduce the power-consumption of Ubuntu for example on an Asus-Eee-PC-1201N. I d say, it would be worth an extra article .

Comment

Working...
                      X