Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    right. but he write about the catalyst.
    I dropped the catalyst because of bad gaming performance (hon) bad mouse/keyboard input latency in the visual feedback and the tear free desktop feature do have bugs.

he make a big mistake he try to use the catalyst LOL
    True, but original Catalyst 8.5 has hanged my system when I switched terminals.
    It was around 2009, I have used nv 6800GT before (flawless under linux), then Bridgeman told Amd is ok on linux. So, bought 4670 - opensource driver 2D only, fglrx - this stuff above.
    RMAed it instantly and bought 9800GT. You know the rest

The difference here though, I never claimed Linux sucks, but I claimed ATI sucks (at those time) and it was true.

Comment

Disable Composite, it's alpha quality shitware, and disable sync to vblank and set the refresh rate in the nvidia control panel to your actual refresh rate of your screen hardware. I don't know why, but nvidia's acceleration shit breaks video refresh for some reason. As soon as I did those things I could sync video to my samsung 55" tv perfectly. Dead smooth for everything including 3d videos.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and install windows, linux graphic and wifi stacks are depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by soupbowl View Post
          Do yourself a favor and install windows, linux graphic and wifi stacks are depressing.
          Really? You prefer broken NTFS file system semantics? You prefer not being able to put a Makefile and a makefile in the same directory? You prefer Windows update when it hangs forever and leaves your machine unbootable? You prefer filesystem security semantics that can best be described as inscrutable?

Or maybe you could rub some brain cells together and realize that you have to purchase your hardware to accomodate your software needs and not vice versa. If you are actually serious about having a working linux machine then you really can put one together.

Hey anyone can get on here and whine about how operating system X doesn't work with peripheral Y but it rings hollow when there are plenty of compatibility information resources out there and you are basically just admitting that you dropped the ball when it came to choosing your hardware.

Comment

I prefer working wifi and superior graphics/gaming. If people are having all these 'NTFS file system semantics' issues, they can rush to linux for its 'amazing' filesystems.
            Being able to store Makefile and makefile in the same directory are by no means important in anyway.

Comment

I prefer
              How jolly wonderful of you to assert the rest of us should use your own personal experiences as our definitive guide to computer shopping.

You freely admit that you only use your computer as a dumb video game and yet you tell us all that we should ditch our systems and boot up windows, simply based on the fact that YOU are too lazy to shop for a computer
              Last edited by frantaylor; 11 May 2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I am impressed you know my computer hardware and what I use my computerS for, and from only two posts!

Comment

Being able to store Makefile and makefile in the same directory are by no means important in anyway.
                  I wish you could understand just how funny this comment is to anyone with a clue

Comment

I did myself a favor and drop that virus crap long time ago. I just keep it for gaming and it's still damn depressing. BSOD with Catalyst and realtek audio drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                      I did myself a favor and drop that virus crap long time ago.
                      Ditto. I still have to use it at work though.

Funny thing is that the product is called Windows and yet it doesn't even have a decent window manager :-D

More than 2 windows side by side? Who needs that anyway? ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X