Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Beta Drivers 270.41.03 released.

Changes since 270.30:
    • Fixed a bug causing the X server to hang every 49.7 days on 32-bit platforms.
    • Added support for the following GPUs:
      • GeForce GT 520
      • GeForce GT 525M
      • GeForce GT 520M
      • GeForce GT 445M
      • GeForce GT 530
      • GeForce 405
      • GeForce GTX 590
      • GeForce GTX 550 Ti
      • GeForce GT 420
      • GeForce GT 440
      • GeForce GTX 470M
      • GeForce GTX 485M
      • GeForce GT 550M
      • GeForce GT 555M
      • NVS 4200M
      • Quadro 1000M
      • Quadro 2000M

The 270.41.03 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86 is available for download via FTP.
    The 270.41.03 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86_64 is available for download via FTP.
    Fixed that weird "X server to hang every 49.7 days" bug that hit 32-bit users.

Hmmmm, noticed something new while building new rpms for these drivers. In the list of new cards it mentions the GT 520 and the NVS 4200. These cards apparently have a new vdpau feature set, D. Trying to get some more info as to if there are any new capabilities.

Comment

Something is telling me we might see WebM support in vdpau soon.

Comment

Useless post, deleted.

Comment

What's the point in supporting the GT 5xxM series when 100% of their implementations rely on Optimus for GPU switching?

It is impossible to use these GPUs with Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by LLStarks View Post
            What's the point in supporting the GT 5xxM series when 100% of their implementations rely on Optimus for GPU switching?
            Since that's an OEM choice and not a nVidia one this is a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
              Since that's an OEM choice and not a nVidia one this is a moot point.
              Heh... Not a moot point. If it's basically configured by ALL suppliers to NOT be usable because of Optimus and their choice to not provide it to Linux users- it becomes a worthless mode to claim support for until such time as an OEM provides a usable configuration with it in it.

Honestly, I'd like them to quit worrying so much about effectively useless configurations and more on things like properly and fully supporting the GT440 (Claimed by at least Zotac ON-BOX to have Linux support, only to find that it's still not really and fully supported on Linux...) and doing non-braindead things for a docked laptop with dual displays on the dock (Doesn't work except by provisioning with nvidia-settings IN the GUI mode after the system's up and you're logged in. Consistently disables the "third" monitor on startup and doesn't disable the on-board display like it ought to on dock...)

And we won't get into them dropping the FOSS 2D driver and telling people to use Nouveau (It doesn't work with my Quadro 1800M on this laptop I'm trying to provision for work...at all.).

Comment

Well there are Sandy Bridge laptops out there that DO offer the ability to switch off the IGP crap as found on some Dell Latitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  Well there are Sandy Bridge laptops out there that DO offer the ability to switch off the IGP crap as found on some Dell Latitudes.
                  Hm... So it does this via BIOS config, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                    Hm... So it does this via BIOS config, then?
                    Yes.
                    Forgive me if this is the wrong place, but I'm having some issues getting Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 64-bit working on my new Dell Latitude E6520. It has the NVIDIA NVS 4200m graphics card. I am able to get it booted and working, but it must be using a default driver, since all the graphics are very slow even with all settings on minimum. There is nothing listed in the "Install Proprietary Drivers" list. From what I can find on the NVIDIA Website, it's not supported yet. Does anyone know if there

Comment

Working...
                    X