Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.8 Moves Close To An Early 2012 Release

Phoronix: GIMP 2.8 Moves Close To An Early 2012 Release

GIMP 2.8 is finally inching closer to seeing the light of day...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Single-window mode

It would have been nice if Gimp upon opening actually remembered that we enabled single-window mode the last time we used the applicaton. Because having to check it in the menu every time we launch it is a bit irritating, even if it's definitely a nice feature.

Comment

I don't recall it forgetting the setting, actually. And I think I'm using the latest version, so check if yours is the latest as well.

But yes, single window mode is a killer feature, and the single feature that kept me from using GIMP in the past. Honestly, I don't even know who thought that going haywire with floating windows was a good idea to begin with...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        I don't recall it forgetting the setting, actually. And I think I'm using the latest version, so check if yours is the latest as well.

But yes, single window mode is a killer feature, and the single feature that kept me from using GIMP in the past. Honestly, I don't even know who thought that going haywire with floating windows was a good idea to begin with...
        Clearly the quote implies to never try Mac version of Photoshop that also features floating windows. G

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
          It would have been nice if Gimp upon opening actually remembered that we enabled single-window mode the last time we used the applicaton.
          This was fixed back in May or so.
          Last edited by prokoudine; 05 December 2011, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prokoudine View Post
            This was fixed back in May or so.
            I am using the following ppa in oneiric: matthaeus123-mrw-gimp-svn; with latest version being 2.7.4-2011102201 ~oo ...
            So I guess it's quite recent, and the bug is still there...

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
              I am using the following ppa in oneiric: matthaeus123-mrw-gimp-svn; with latest version being 2.7.4-2011102201 ~oo ...
              So I guess it's quite recent, and the bug is still there...
              I really have no foggiest idea why builds from that PPAs are faulty. But I'm running my own build from Git on Oneiric, and like I said the bug has been fixed for a long time. You can try fetching a build for Linux from graphicall.org that was done back in June or so, and you won't see that bug already.
              Last edited by prokoudine; 05 December 2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

To start GIMP in Windowed mode you need to enable it to remember the Window position. Its one of those annoying bugs they refuse to fix.

Edit:
                To be a bit more clear, you need a checkbox checked
                Edit --> Prefferances --> Window Managment --> "Save window position on Exit"

Comment

Originally posted by del_diablo View Post
                  To start GIMP in Windowed mode you need to enable it to remember the Window position. Its one of those annoying bugs they refuse to fix.
                  You are not getting anywhere making claims like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X