Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 126 Changes To The Intel Driver + New VA Back-End

Phoronix: 126 Changes To The Intel Driver + New VA Back-End

Intel's Chris Wilson released xf86-video-intel 2.16.902 over the weekend, which brings 126 changes since the last release candidate less than three weeks ago. There's also a new VA-API video acceleration back-end to report on...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Encoding support?

This was mentioned a while ago for sandy bridge, but I guess it's still on the to-do list. Having it would be really awesome.

Comment

There are test apps included, but those have been slower than x264 fastest profile when i tested it with an i7-2600.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        There are test apps included, but those have been slower than x264 fastest profile when i tested it with an i7-2600.
        Are you sure it was using the "dsp"? Did you happen to notice if the cpu usage was lower while encoding? Also, how did the result look?

Best/Liam

Comment

h264 vaapi acceleration for gm45

Is it ready yet?

Comment

This looks like it will be a great release.

Will the new SNA architecture benefit older chips? For example the intel ironlake graphics I have on my laptop, its on die graphics like sandybridge and only 1 generation older.

Comment

Working...
            X