GNOME Gets A Log Viewer For Systemd's Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Thank you for confirming that the agreement does NOT cover commercial Qt or Free Qt for non-Linux or Wayland.
    That is right. If Qt doesn't make a regular release, the Linux and Android versions become BSD, while the remainder stays LGPL. Pretty much everything becomes BSD with the exception of a few platform-specific bits which have to remain LGPL. How horrible.

Now I would like to know how the agreement stops Digia from launching addons? It did not stop the Chart libraries. Please quote the agreement, where you found this.
    Everyone can release addons for Qt, not just Digia. Everyone can release addons for GTK+, also.

Comment

Thank you for confirming that the agreement is useless and can never serve as safeguard.
      What?! I confirmed that the agreement serves as a powerful safeguard. If they don't keep up their end of the bargain, then they lose their ability to commercially license pretty much all of Qt, and the few remaining bits are open-source.

And I notice you completely and totally ignored my answer to your second question.

Comment

How cute, you missed the main parts of all the discussion:
        * It is not only about KDE
        * Other platforms than Linux are easy to add (if you are not happy with LGPLed QPA)
        * They were and are discussing the addition of Windows/Mac/... to the Agreement, but there are (possible) legal issues with the proprietary nature of those platforms
        * The other answers state that it is about "X11 or its successor", and as you read Phoronix most people agree that Wayland is sort of a successor of X11 - that's probably the part "easy to add".

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzler View Post
          How cute, you missed the main parts of all the discussion:
          * It is not only about KDE
          * Other platforms than Linux are easy to add (if you are not happy with LGPLed QPA)
          * They were and are discussing the addition of Windows/Mac/... to the Agreement, but there are (possible) legal issues with the proprietary nature of those platforms
          * The other answers state that it is about "X11 or its successor", and as you read Phoronix most people agree that Wayland is sort of a successor of X11 - that's probably the part "easy to add".
          Isn't it funny that he not only was incapable of extracting these points from the quote, but how he conveniently "forgot" to answer your question about Webkit-GTK? Honton/funkSTAR has brought himself in a position where anything he says that is not a blatant lie proves himself to be wrong or at least a serious hypocrite.

Comment

is this available in Fedora's repositories?

can't find it

Comment

Originally posted by quickbooks.office View Post
              is this available in Fedora's repositories?

can't find it
              I don't think it is mature enough to be in distro repos yet but I am sure it will get in soon. Meanwhile

Comment

Working...
              X