Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codemasters Will Eventually Port Games To Linux

Phoronix: Codemasters Will Eventually Port Games To Linux

Codemasters, the game studio behind many popular PC racing games, eventually plans to support Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I miss TOCA, that was a great series. Hopefully GRID Autosport winds up being the return to form they are touting it to be. I liked the first GRID well enough, but was hugely disappointed by GRID 2, despite it being extremely similar to the first GRID. it just felt like it swung the needle further toward the arcadey side of racing, which is the opposite direction I wanted it to go.

Comment

My wallet is ready.

Comment

Any news contributing toward dethroning Windows as the last bastion of PC-based games, is welcome news. Thank God for Gaben too, he saw the light first.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
          Any news contributing toward dethroning Windows as the last bastion of PC-based games, is welcome news. Thank God for Gaben too, he saw the light first.
          I've only bought two consoles in my life - the N64...and now that I've children, the XBox 360 about a year or so ago. Can't wait to see what Valve produces w/their steam powered consoles - I'll sell the XBox and upgrade just for the hell of it.

My only concern is how developer friendly this new console of theirs is going to be... If they make it anal retentive to developers instead of building out a solid framework, it's not going to seriously take off right away. They really have one shot at this, as far as I can see, and they need all the help and assistance they can get in dethroning gorillas that reign the gaming industry now.

Comment

There were numerous announcements in the past.
            When you look at steam only the stupiest trash games do actually release.

It can't take ages to do a fuckin port.

Comment

This is awesome news!

May I suggest that they start with Micro Machines Turbo Tournament '96?

Obviously it goes without saying but if DRM is involved, they might as well not bother with the port. I wont be buying it.
              Last edited by kpedersen; 06 May 2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
                My only concern is how developer friendly this new console of theirs is going to be...
                Considering the fact that indie developers don't seem to have any difficulties supporting Linux (indie titles are releasing for Linux on Steam on almost daily basis) I can only expect big studios not to have any troubles supporting the platform.

Comment

And in other news...

The Linux port of XCOM: Enemy Unknown might be in testing soon!

http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...right-now.3645

Comment

D0pamine is pleased with this news

Codemasters has produced many excellent games - from the dizzy series to the toca series ( i prefer dizzy )

EDIT:- Are the Oliver twins still involved in game development?

Comment

Working...
                    X