ARM MPD Still Not Doing Open Drivers; ARM Vendors Hiding Behind Linaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robclark View Post
    well, considering that apq8064 is a variant that does not have an integrated modem, that page is mistaken.

I can state that I have several apq8064 devices, including a nexus4, all of which work fine with a linux userspace with no closed src kernel or userspace parts.

true, when lima actually becomes a GL driver, I would recommend exynos devices with mali (but not ones with powervr). Until then, it is not terribly much use to anyone who isn't working on a FOSS GL driver.
    Rob have you checked if the jolla phone can work without closed bits??

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      Rob have you checked if the jolla phone can work without closed bits??
      I haven't.. although I expect it can..

making a phone call might be another matter.. no idea what modem it has. Although I thought people tended to hook up modems w/ something like AT over some sort of serial connection.. maybe it is just a matter of sending some AT commands to it, like in the old days of dial-up internet? But I am really not a modem/telephony person so I could be way off.

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post
        I haven't.. although I expect it can..

making a phone call might be another matter.. no idea what modem it has. Although I thought people tended to hook up modems w/ something like AT over some sort of serial connection.. maybe it is just a matter of sending some AT commands to it, like in the old days of dial-up internet? But I am really not a modem/telephony person so I could be way off.
        The specs: http://reviewjolla.blogspot.gr/2013/...periences.html

The GPU is Adreno 305.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          I don't expect gpu should be a problem.. from what I've seen so far, all that really matters for userspace gl driver (of all the a3xx variants) is just the patchlevel. Ie. a320.0 is same as a330.0 but slight differences (basically, certain workarounds no longer needed) compared to a320.2.

I expect all that would be needed in mesa is a one line patch to add it to the whitelist. I just need someone with a305 hw who can test and confirm that, since I don't have anything w/ a305.

Comment

The actual specs gained from direct examination are here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92243

Comment

Working...
            X