Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Clang OpenMP 4 Support Nears Reality

Phoronix: LLVM Clang OpenMP 4 Support Nears Reality

It's taken far longer than most anyone would have estimated, but it looks like things may finally be getting close for the mainlining of OpenMP within the LLVM Clang compiler. The good news is that Intel developers have already been working on OpenMP 4.0 support for Clang...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fantastic news! The world needs a competitor to GC for advanced computation. I can only hope that all the major vendors get on the band wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
      Fantastic news! The world needs a competitor to GC for advanced computation. I can only hope that all the major vendors get on the band wagon.
      they already are http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTM2NjU

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
        That is LLVM I was talking about OpenMP in the LLVM/Clang world. It isn't clear that OpenMP will take off in this case. The OpenMP world uses a lot of Fortran code, last I knew nothing was happening with Fortran as another supported language in the LLVM stack.

As to that linked article it reminded me that I posted there. Some idiot at the time wanted to fork the entire stack to Apply GPL3 to it. I found that disgusting as it take away developer rights. It also highlights the GPL communities efforts to steal and contaminate code bases that embarrasses them. Now you got me off on a tangent but GPL3 really bugs the hell out of me.

Comment

Working...
        X