Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QupZilla: A Web-Browser That Supports Qt5

Phoronix: QupZilla: A Web-Browser That Supports Qt5

QupZilla is a not often spoke of web-browser that is written in Qt and supports Qt5 while using the WebKit rendering engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wayland

Maybe it will run on Wayland?

Comment

QupZilla is actually really good. I very recently first tried it. The name might lead to trademark issues with Mozilla, though?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        QupZilla is actually really good. I very recently first tried it. The name might lead to trademark issues with Mozilla, though…
        So why didn't Toho sue Mozilla since they had Godzilla before them? Just read the wiki page on the suffix. They have in fact tried to sue others over using the suffix.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
          So why didn't Toho sue Mozilla since they had Godzilla before them? Just read the wiki page on the suffix. They have in fact tried to sue others over using the suffix.
          I'm not talking about simply the suffix for completely unrelated products. It's about a direct competitor. Trademark rules are stricter for direct competitors.

Comment

I've been using it as my main brower for about 6 months now, it really is rather good. Much snappier than Firefox or Opera, which I used to use on Linux, and integrates far better with KDE than either of those or Chromium.
            Other than a few crashes with loads of tabs open (which I'm told are fixed in the next version of QtWebkit), I've had no problems with it - I'd certainly recommend it to others as a decent browser.

Comment

I used QupZilla quite some time. Nice browser, has all features I need - and it is fast, faster than rekonq. And in contrast to rekonq it gets even faster when you turn adblock on!
              I like the address completion, webshortcuts, speed dial (love that!)

But at some point I stopped using it and switched to chromium: QtWebKit from Qt4 crashed - a - lot! Fixed in 2.3/Qt5 - but still no completely working gentoo ebuilds.
              But more important: Security! If you have to wait months to get an update for Qt that hopefully fixes recent vulnerabilities that's just bad!

Both issues are not the fault of QupZilla!

Comment

Here is another QtWebkit-based web browser: SlimBoat from http://www.slimboat.com . I've tried both of them. But I personally prefer SlimBoat since I really like its powerful automatic form filling capabilility. Slimboat is currently built on QT 4.8.4, though.

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: QupZilla: A Web-Browser That Supports Qt5

QupZilla is a not often spoke of web-browser that is written in Qt and supports Qt5 while using the WebKit rendering engine...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI4ODE

Comment

Working...
                X