Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Changes Will Make Features Like SLI Easier

Phoronix: Nouveau Changes Will Make Features Like SLI Easier

With the significant DRM changes in the Linux 3.7 kernel there's something to enjoy out of all the major open-source graphics drivers. For Nouveau users, it's particularly exciting right now and there's more hope for the future...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope there wont be too many regressions.

Only a code refactoring or is there any new versions too?

Wayland doesn't work on nouveau.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      I hope there wont be too many regressions.

Only a code refactoring or is there any new versions too?

Wayland doesn't work on nouveau.
      Well, this rewrite didn't hapen overnight and it has been in nouveau's tree for months now. However, we find and fix bugs as we go.
      On the other hand, a few strange bugs disapeared in the process, so I guess all in all, it is good

As always, please test and report regressions!

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
        Well, this rewrite didn't hapen overnight and it has been in nouveau's tree for months now. However, we find and fix bugs as we go.
        On the other hand, a few strange bugs disapeared in the process, so I guess all in all, it is good

As always, please test and report regressions!
        Any new features?
        Does Wayland work yet?

Comment

Any new features?
          Does Wayland work yet?
          No new features (thanks to the rewrite) yet, we are fixing bugs first.

As for wayland. Last time I tried, weston ran on the xserver but acted weirdly in drm mode. Seriously, if you want to see it fixed, fix it. It shouldn't be that hard.

Comment

No new features (thanks to the rewrite) yet, we are fixing bugs first.

As for wayland. Last time I tried, weston ran on the xserver but acted weirdly in drm mode. Seriously, if you want to see it fixed, fix it. It shouldn't be that hard.
            Yes, it works fine under X.
            But in DRM it just crashes the system.

I don't know how to code in C, only some in higher level languages.

Comment

Is there any hope for dynamic reclocking and voltage change (the later by any means at all would be awesome)?
              I'm running an older card (quadro fx 570m nv50 G84, iirc), is there any data that I could provide that would be helpful.

Comment

I don't know how to code in C, only some in higher level languages.
                What a wonderful learning opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
                  Is there any hope for dynamic reclocking and voltage change (the later by any means at all would be awesome)?
                  I'm running an older card (quadro fx 570m nv50 G84, iirc), is there any data that I could provide that would be helpful.
                  No luck for this kernel, but I think I'm not that far from delivering good reclocking support for the nv50 family. Maybe next kernel?

Comment

No luck for this kernel, but I think I'm not that far from delivering good reclocking support for the nv50 family. Maybe next kernel?
                    yay

im wondering are you going to put presets to chose from or let me set any clock i think should work (even at the risk of fire)

also how's the proper memory management thingy going (400mhz is too low to play while 700mhz should be enough but corrupts, 1000mhz works fine on the blob)

cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X